Having trouble activating a child theme in Wordpress

Hello, I'm building a website using Wordpress for the first time and I'm trying to use this template called BC-Shop which is a child template. When I downloaded this, it wanted me to download a parent template called BC-Business-Consulting. Without this the BC-Shop template doesnt show up for activation. Once this parent template is downloaded, both templates appeared on themes and when I hit activate on the BC-Shop template and hit customize I'm getting the BC-Business-consulting template instead and theres no way of getting into the shop template I want. I do not want to use this Business consulting template as my aim is to build a Ecommerce site. I did some searching and I couldnt find anything helpful. So far the only thing I have done is edit the style.css and change the template to template: bc-shop and all this resulted was this error: The theme defines itself as its parent theme. Please check the Template header.

I want to know how i can make this shop template as my main template to work on. Thanks.

1.PNG