Best Buy Online

AntiTrust

I'm a little bit triggered as I write this so take that into consideration, but hear me out. 

I ordered a chest freezer from the best buy online store, This was at 4PM this afternoon. Delivery was not specified only that the "earliest" I could receive it was May 4th, I figured alright might as well order now and itll get here when it gets here. A little bit later I was texting my brother about the chest freezer he had which I thought was the same as the one I ordered which was a 5 cubic ft one but instead he has a 7 cubic ft. So I figured, hey I'll go back, its only 6PM and cancel the order and reorder the larger size. Nope, there is no option to cancel. It says to email, call or web chat to cancel. So I figured, hey this is pretty straightforward I'll use the web chat. They asked me what my order number was and name and billing address etc which I provided dutifully then without even skipping a beat just told me that the order could not be cancelled. I said what do you mean it can't be cancelled I ordered it like 2 hours ago and they said there was nothing they could do. I would have to wait for delivery and then return the item. I figured ok thats kind of insane, this order isn't even being delivered for like two weeks (at the "earliest"). I will call them then. Except that can't even get through, their customer service call center had a 2 hr wait. So I went back to the order page and decided to type a long email out to them detailing everything that had happened and could they please just cancel this order. I pressed send and it took me to a login page to log into my best buy account, I don't have one so I made one and when I finished logging in, my email had been deleted. So thats the story of how I bought a chest freezer from best buy. 

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

-= Locked =-

Best posted as a Status Update Post.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER