Ryzen power plan not showing up

hello guys, i recently made i build with a ryzen 7 3700x and i noticed some people use the power plan from ryzen options balanced and high performance in power plan, but in mine does not appear that options.

any one know why this is happening ?

what are you clock speeds while gaming? I find that power plan often doesn't matter.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I have a ryzen 2700x and i did not see my power plan options until i updated my chipset on my motherboard .

You can update your chipset by searching your motherboard model on AMDs website! 

Give it a try! 

5 minutes ago, GrimReapez said:

I have a ryzen 2700x and i did not see my power plan options until i updated my chipset on my motherboard .

You can update your chipset by searching your motherboard model on AMDs website! 

Give it a try! 

i did the chipset update from my motherboard website not from AMD maybe that was the problem 

13 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

what are you clock speeds while gaming? I find that power plan often doesn't matter.

i need to check out 

Just now, Flokikz77 said:

i did the chipset update from my motherboard website not from AMD maybe that was the problem 

Yeah the motherboard websites dont tend to update as fast as the main amd website . Atleast thats how my power plans showed up

15 minutes ago, GrimReapez said:

Yeah the motherboard websites dont tend to update as fast as the main amd website . Atleast thats how my power plans showed up

and i can download again but from AMD website or is some issues with that ? i check now in AMD website for chipset drivers but tell me to download ryzen master but i already have it

32 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

1368341494_Sem_Ttulo.thumb.png.ec488ea5f5ad7bf437465a773fa87481.png

Im not to well versed on how amd installs their drivers over existing ones. But im sure AMDs driver tool has a protective measure on it to not download a driver over a existing one. I already had a chipset driver installed from my motherboards driver page and i still installed AMDs version of it and it works perfectly fine . So no need to worry about it

As for the driver , i found it manually through their page.

https://www.amd.com/en/support

I just selected my correct chipset on the list and just downloaded the file . It has its own executable.    

chips and icecream.PNG

looks good to me honestly, usually it boosts a bit above 4GHz all cores

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

7 minutes ago, GrimReapez said:

Im not to well versed on how amd installs their drivers over existing ones. But im sure AMDs driver tool has a protective measure on it to not download a driver over a existing one. I already had a chipset driver installed from my motherboards driver page and i still installed AMDs version of it and it works perfectly fine . So no need to worry about it

As for the driver , i found it manually through their page.

https://www.amd.com/en/support

I just selected my correct chipset on the list and just downloaded the file . It has its own executable.    

chips and icecream.PNG

thanks men, found it, on my motherboard website says release date was 16/04/20 and from AMD is 7/04/20 😅

is that ok ?

Just now, Flokikz77 said:

thanks men, found it, on my motherboard website says release date was 16/04/20 and from AMD is 7/04/20 😅

is that ok ?

Yeah the latest is always the best version . 

2 minutes ago, Flokikz77 said:

is that ok ?

Are you sure its not 4/7/20 . Unless thats from the future haha

1 minute ago, GrimReapez said:

Are you sure its not 4/7/20 . Unless thats from the future haha

haha yes is 4/7/20 🤣

• 1 month later...
On 4/21/2020 at 11:32 PM, Flokikz77 said:

hello guys, i recently made i build with a ryzen 7 3700x and i noticed some people use the power plan from ryzen options balanced and high performance in power plan, but in mine does not appear that options.

any one know why this is happening ?

I just had the same boring problem, i read a millions off topics and no one gave me the solution. So i decided to update my Chipset driver and works!

You can find them on the AMD website, be happy! 😎

work.jpg