PC Fans Rev Up Max During Any Game

dyl35

The PC is only a year old. Ever since around November now all games during a lot of action, the fans rev up to 100% for a few seconds and then back down and then back up. I didn't do anything different on the day that started to happen. I had more than one GPU overclock program installed at once and those were conflicting with fan speeds and having only one made the fans rev up less but didn't eliminate the problem entirely. I've set the fan curves in the BIOS, and in the GPU overclock program. The fans still rev up while playing most games. The GPU usage isn't at max when this happens either. There is 3 fans along the front of the case and one on top. All the specs are listed below. I've even set the fans to be manually at 70% in the GPU overclock program (Aorus Engine) and they still go up higher.

i7 - 9700K (Liquid cooled)

Gigabyte 2080

32gb RAM

they all ramp up but the GPU fans ramp up the loudest and fastest when it occurs

3 hours ago, dyl35 said:

they all ramp up but the GPU fans ramp up the loudest and fastest when it occurs

Revving up means that curve is too steep. You could run benchmark or stress test and monitor how fan speed reacts to temps. This is how I do my setups.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I've done that already and i've put the curves to only go up to 70% max and it still goes passed that

13 hours ago, dyl35 said:

I've done that already and i've put the curves to only go up to 70% max and it still goes passed that

That kinda indicates that software either has some setting to max out when certain threshold is reached, or its buggy. The setting can be oddly named. In Speedfan that setting is called "Warning Temperature". And if its bug, you can try with another software (AFAIK they are all clones of Afterburner/RivaTuner) or another version.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv