Hi there, some time ago I've build a new gaming pc with the following specs(cpu,gpu and ram):

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x

GPU: RTX 2080 OC 8gb

RAM: HyperX Predator 1x16 GB, P/N: KHX3200C16D4/16GX

My folowing problem is that I've tried to overclock the ram to 3200 MHz as described by the manufacturer and simply it doesn't work ..

I don't know if I'm forgetting something..

Tried X.M.P., tried to manually set the timings and voltage, etc.

None of the before mentioned work for me.

After Save & Exit my pc boots into the windows with no problems, runs games very good, and doesn't get any blue screens.

But after every cold boot my pc fails to boot 3-4 times, then the 5th time it boots withouth image and I need to manually shut it down. Ok so far so bueno, but after I turn it back on it resets all the timings and goes back to the stock freq. of 2400MHz

I've tried "every" video on yt, every forum I've encountered, tried to ask Gigabyte support, I don't know that to do else.

Could it be the problem that I only have one RAM module and not 2 ? idk maybe I'm dumb :) 😅

Edited by Friptura

1 hour ago, Friptura said:

Hi there, some time ago I've build a new gaming pc with the following specs(cpu,gpu and ram):

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x

GPU: RTX 2080 OC 8gb

RAM: HyperX Predator 1x16 GB, P/N: KHX3200C16D4/16GX

My folowing problem is that I've tried to overclock the ram to 3200 MHz as described by the manufacturer and simply it doesn't work ..

I don't know if I'm forgetting something..

Tried X.M.P., tried to manually set the timings and voltage, etc.

None of the before mentioned work for me.

After Save & Exit my pc boots into the windows with no problems, runs games very good, and doesn't get any blue screens.

But after every cold boot my pc fails to boot 3-4 times then the 5th time it boots withouth image and I need to manually shut it down. Ok so far so bueno, but after I turn it back on it resets all the timing and goes bag to the stock freq. of 2400MHz

I've tried "every" video on yt, every forum I've encountered, tried to ask Gigabyte support, I don't know that to do else.

Could it be the problem that I only have one RAM module and not 2 ? idk maybe I'm dumb :) 😅

Any idea would help..

Switching ram slot from A2 (previous slot that I've used) to A1 seems to solved the ram speed reset

Tested - 2 cold boots

Will be replying after some more.

Problem still persists, Any idea on How to get past this ?