Top flow cooler and space problem

Hi, on my second PC I run with AMD FX-8350 125w TDP placed on Asrock 970 pro3 r2.0. Stock cooler was too loud so at first I replace it with some medium priced tower cooler. It was good for CPU and pretty quiet but I started having VRM temp issues. As I read later, my motherboard requires top flow CPU fan. I got myself BeQuiet Shadow Rock LP and here comes the problem, it's so wide that I can't fit exhaust fan to the back of the case and if I want to turn it 180 degree there will be no space for RAM sticks. Turning it 90 degree would be perfect but it's not possible due to mounting bracket shape. What other budget cooler can I use (already have BeQuiet SW3 120mm PWM high-speed to use on it) to make it top flow and have space for both RAM and exhaust fan.

20200419_224213.thumb.jpg.0d2d81425eb45b0dbf0895fc362e0a1f.jpg20200419_224225.thumb.jpg.487fd46aeb0f16131d8fe246d754deaf.jpg

Maybe a slim fan would fit? Like this one.
The Scythe slipstream is 12.7 mm thick, or 0,47 inch.

First time i hear a motherboard requires a certain cooler. Where did you get that Info from?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

3 minutes ago, David E said:

Maybe a slim fan would fit? Like this one.
The Scythe slipstream is 12.7 mm thick, or 0,47 inch

I got one like this and it fits but wings are striking heat sink pipes making terrible rattle noise. Other than that it's pretty noisy itself

4 minutes ago, Praesi said:

First time i hear a motherboard requires a certain cooler. Where did you get that Info from?

From manual :)

9 minutes ago, Praesi said:

I suspect that:

22 minutes ago, Zaekker said:

started having VRAM temps problem

Was meant to say VRM temp issues.

Some cheaper boards with no or bad heatsink on the vrm are told to be less stellar if there no downdraft cooler like amd's own that has the fins pointed towards the vrm to give the components some direct flow.

125w tdp is mentioned, thats more than 3900x i believe, so if the vrm needs cooling, that might be reason for the manual to state that.

4 minutes ago, Bartholomew said:

Was meant to say VRM temp issues.

Thanks for noticing, I've changed that.

You could install rear fan outside of the case. Doesn't really effect on performance. You might need to take filter or something there to fingerguard it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

You could install rear fan outside of the case. Doesn't really effect on performance.

But it does affect visual aspect

Anyway I bought a 22mm aluminium heatsink and silicone heatsink plaster to place it on VRM. I think it might work together with tower cooler. What do you think? 

1588061623_970Pro3R2.0(L2).thumb.png.3151336e8c245633c35b02660599cdd1.png

37 minutes ago, Zaekker said:

But it does affect visual aspect

Well, thats pretty personal experience. Like you could make shroud for it with cardboard painted black. My PC rear is towards wall. So even if it would on top my desktop etc, I wouldn't ever see that far.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv