Need some help for Laptop Ram upgrade

Hello there,

today I've bought an HP Pavilion 15 (i7 10th gen one, model聽15-cs3045nl) and it comes with聽more than reasonable 16GB of ddr4 ram.聽

The motherboard has 2 slots and only one of them is populated (bruh, single channel out of the box) but this gives me the opportunity to put another one in there to have a bazillion of chrome tabs馃ぃ聽and some complicated ML video buffers stuff that I use.

More precisely it's a Samsung made stick (DDR4-2666 SDRAM, part number M471A2K43CB1-CTD according to CPUZ).

According to the Crucial ram upgrade utility my pc can support up to 32gb but hp tested it with a max of 16gb (had confirmation from an HP agent).

I was wondering if anyone here have the same pc and has upgraded the ram to 32gb and can help me out with this.

Any other help is well accepted聽馃榿

I don't have聽the same laptop as you, (got an聽smaller i5 variant)聽but trust me it can hold 16 GB. 32 GB is the maximum your cpu supports. But it depends on your motherboard of how many it can hold.

Main PC:

CPU:聽AMD Ryzen 5聽5600X | RAM:Corsair LPX 3200 mhz聽(16Gb)聽

Mobo:ASUS Strix B550-F Wifi | GPU:聽MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z

Case: Sharkoon Nightshark RGB| Storage: 500 GB 970 EVO Plus 1 TB WD blue 500 GB Samsung HDD

Monitor:聽iiyama G-Master G2470HSU-B1 165Hz

Powersupply: Be Quiet straight Power 10 500 watt

Main Laptop

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H | RAM: Team group 16 GB 2666 mhz

GPU: RTX 2060 (MXM swappable)

Monitor: 1080p 120Hz

Storage: 2x 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (no raid)

Second Laptop

CPU: Intel Core I5 1235u, 聽RAM: Samsung 8 GB 3200 mhz

GPU: IrisXe 80 eu

Storage: 512 GB WD Digital SN530 NVMe

Phone:

Xiaomi MI 11

Work Phone:

Galaxy A50

14 hours ago, Wolly9102 said:

I don't have聽the same laptop as you, (got an聽smaller i5 variant)聽but trust me it can hold 16 GB. 32 GB is the maximum your cpu supports. But it depends on your motherboard of how many it can hold.

Thank for the comment ;)

Yeah, When I opened mine to swap out the 256gb ssd and聽freaking loud 1tb hdd I was surprised to see that the 16gb were on a single stick and got me thinking about a little upgrade. I've first looked at the Crucial upgrade page聽(sorry but it's in italian, important stuff are in english tho) and the cpu聽Ark page聽and both report that the maximum supported ram is 64gb but 32 is more than enough for me now. If a single memory slot is holding a 16gb stick I see no reason for it to work on the other one at the same time if the cpu and chipset supports it.

I will probably try another 16gb stick and if it doesn't work out I'll return it to amazon and ask a refound聽馃ぃ

49 minutes ago, Cipulot99 said:

Thank for the comment ;)

Yeah, When I opened mine to swap out the 256gb ssd and聽freaking loud 1tb hdd I was surprised to see that the 16gb were on a single stick and got me thinking about a little upgrade. I've first looked at the Crucial upgrade page聽(sorry but it's in italian, important stuff are in english tho) and the cpu聽Ark page聽and both report that the maximum supported ram is 64gb but 32 is more than enough for me now. If a single memory slot is holding a 16gb stick I see no reason for it to work on the other one at the same time if the cpu and chipset supports it.

I will probably try another 16gb stick and if it doesn't work out I'll return it to amazon and ask a refound聽馃ぃ

Can't hurt to try :)

Main PC:

CPU:聽AMD Ryzen 5聽5600X | RAM:Corsair LPX 3200 mhz聽(16Gb)聽

Mobo:ASUS Strix B550-F Wifi | GPU:聽MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z

Case: Sharkoon Nightshark RGB| Storage: 500 GB 970 EVO Plus 1 TB WD blue 500 GB Samsung HDD

Monitor:聽iiyama G-Master G2470HSU-B1 165Hz

Powersupply: Be Quiet straight Power 10 500 watt

Main Laptop

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H | RAM: Team group 16 GB 2666 mhz

GPU: RTX 2060 (MXM swappable)

Monitor: 1080p 120Hz

Storage: 2x 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (no raid)

Second Laptop

CPU: Intel Core I5 1235u, 聽RAM: Samsung 8 GB 3200 mhz

GPU: IrisXe 80 eu

Storage: 512 GB WD Digital SN530 NVMe

Phone:

Xiaomi MI 11

Work Phone:

Galaxy A50

1 hour ago, Wolly9102 said:

Can't hurt to try :)

Found this site聽post聽form LaptopMedia that suggests that the max ram is 32gb(more reasonable than the 64gb even tho the low spec i3 10th gen supports that too). I'm going to try it out in the end.....

Thanks for the help馃榿