Rx 5700 XT frame drops

DreamyDeeam

Hi, I bought an rx 5700 xt a couple days ago and it performed well for some time but now I notice it stuttering and dropping frames drastically to like 5 fps ever minute or so. The drop only lasts a second or two. I've tried DDU and changing some settings but it still drops frames on games like Risk Of Rain 2 and FFXV. When it's stable, I get a high number of frames, but these drops are really distracting and make it hard to play.

Specs are

• B450 TOMAHAWK MAX
  • Ryzen 7 3700x
  • 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 MHz
  • Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 XT

I think the 5700 XT still has a bunch of problems with its drivers.

A girl who loves to love.

Alright so I found out through a Reddit post (I think) that having a slideshow wallpaper makes the frames drop every time the wallpaper changes. The post said that the timing for the drops and wallpapers changes synced up so I tried setting my wallpaper as a single image and it helped. Not sure why the wallpaper slideshow would cause my frames to drop every time it changed wallpapers but that fixed the issue. I kept reading that the drivers were mostly fixed now so this issue confused me but it ended up just being the slideshow.

Get Wallpaper Engine, it's pretty cheap on Steam. You can set it to pause when desktop is not showing. XD

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

• 2 months later...

Guys, I`m also experiencing the same frame drop issue. Any news from AMD? Anyone with this problems running a X570 motherboard?

- Asus B450 Prime 
- Ryzen 5 3600
- RX 5700 XT

I just changed my R9 380 with 1660 super....so far so good..no needt to worry about driver issue any more...and much more quiet than before..

Edited by IdealPC

CPU: i7 4790K OC 4.7GHz @1.275V

MOBO: ASUS Z87-PLUS
RAM: G.SKILL RIPJAWS DDR3 8Gx2 1600MHz OC 2133MHz (11-12-12-32)
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1660 SUPER

1 hour ago, GiGerodo said:

Guys, I`m also experiencing the same frame drop issue. Any news from AMD? Anyone with this problems running a X570 motherboard?

Did you read the rest of the thread? There isn't much there to dig through for the fix...

On 4/18/2020 at 3:21 PM, DreamyDeeam said:

Alright so I found out through a Reddit post (I think) that having a slideshow wallpaper makes the frames drop every time the wallpaper changes. The post said that the timing for the drops and wallpapers changes synced up so I tried setting my wallpaper as a single image and it helped. Not sure why the wallpaper slideshow would cause my frames to drop every time it changed wallpapers but that fixed the issue. I kept reading that the drivers were mostly fixed now so this issue confused me but it ended up just being the slideshow.

It's a Microsoft problem, not a GPU problem.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms