My Finished Rig

Prian

Hey guys, I completely forgot to take progress pictures of the rig I built during Christmas so I hope its ok for me to show off my finished rig here.

First of all the specs:

Case: Bitfenix Shinobi black window.

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k

Cooler: Corsair H60 in push pull with 2 Quiet edition SP 120's

Mobo: MSI Z77a-g45

Ram: Corsair Vengance 8gb

Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 660 FTW

PSU: Corsair TX650

Boot Drive: OCZ Octane 128gb (This is from my old rig. Still going strong)

Storage: 500gb samsung F1 for programs/games I don't put on my SSD, 1tb Samsung F3 for TV shows, 1.5tb external for movies and backup(all drives are from my old rig, need to think of a better storage solution with less drives, and more backup)

standard optical drive which has never been used, also a quiet AF120 for the front.

I have set the CPU cooler up so it pulls in cold air from the outside and exhausts from the bitfenix fan on the top of the case, I didn't have any dust filters for the back so I cut the one at the bottom of the case in half and used the coolers screws to hold it up.

I had a plan for the cable routing before I started the build, I routed most of the front panel cables behind the motherboard, and a fan splitter too.

I have mounted the power supple this way round because I think it looks better, and I noticed it never actually turns on, apart from at start up.

I decided to finish the build off with a NZXT sleeved LED light strip, It lights up the case nicely, and looks great through the smoked window which is growing on me.

Pictures of the rig:

zQkFsqZh.jpg

89qAgt3h.jpg

9167XYQh.jpg

5N24wEoh.jpg

vfM26KQh.jpg

sQYP87mh.jpg

nQtDPWKh.jpg

1ylRaYfh.jpg

Thought i would chuck in a quick picture of my setup too

0GHe76Mh.jpg

IFrlRj2.jpg

It's so pretty :D

Great job on the cable management!

Very nice looking build.

Love the cable management.

Thanks for sharing <3

Thanks a lot guys! 

The case made the cable management easy, but I would love it if it came with rubber grommets.

Thanks again :)

Good looking build.

Why not flipping the PSU, so it'll get fresh air from the bottom.

Good looking build.

Why not flipping the PSU, so it'll get fresh air from the bottom.

Hey thanks, I did have it flipped for the first 2 months of the build until I realized it never actually starts the fan, It spins on start up, or if i stress test, but if im idle or gaming it never actually needs to be cooled. I'm not sure if I should be worried or happy :P

Cracking build! Very clean looking and great cable management! Good job! :)

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

Very nice build, looks solid. What kind of temps do you get? Any OC's?

Very nice! Love the cable management and monitor setup!

AMD FX-8350 OC to 4.5ghz      Evga gtx 660       SilverStone FT03      Samsung 840 128gb  

Idle temps seem to range between 28 and 35, no overclocks as of yet, but will give it a go during summer once my exams are over.

Thanks for all the great comments :)

Awesome build! +1 for the X-530's (at least i think they are :P )

Thanks!

They are indeed :) they have lasted me years, and I cant say a bad thing about them(although i know nothing about sound quality or anything like that!) ;)

Maybe consider turning that psu up upside down it will make the cable runs shorter from the psu itself to that cut out..

Very nice though, the cable management is clean and it has an overall clean and stylish look

My Meme Proudly Featured on the Live-Stream: http://prodigydoo.com/ImageStorage/memes/linus-meme-6.jpg
Some Threads You Should Get involved in: Linus and Slick Memes     Youtubers on the LTT Forum      The List of Tech YouTubers (Contribute!)      Disable AdBlock for Linus (Guide)

Looks really good. The only thing I can think to make it look a little nicer is just to sleeve the cables but it still looks really good.

Maybe consider turning that psu up upside down it will make the cable runs shorter from the psu itself to that cut out..

Very nice though, the cable management is clean and it has an overall clean and stylish look

That is the main reason I am wanting to flip it over, It will probably happen during summer when I upgrade to some sort of Raid array. Thanks :)

Looks really good. The only thing I can think to make it look a little nicer is just to sleeve the cables but it still looks really good.

Thanks mate, I really want to sleeve them and also buy some black Sata cables, I have watched many videos on how to sleeve, including the one Linus uploaded. I'm just worried ill break something :P I may try get hold of an old PSU that I can practice on or something.

Looks very clean, nice cable management :D.

Very nice, Love the shinobi :D

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Clean build.

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

Thanks a lot guys, I think i may get a 24pin extender from bitfenix, to make it look a bit cleaner!

sweet build well done

Thanks mate!

I have a 24pin extension on the way from bitfenix, and a few black sata cables, which should clean it up nicely :)

So the title says its finished but its never going to be finished. Inspired by a post on the forum, I have decided to stealth my drive. There is a front view of the cast in the original post and this is how it turned out :) im pleased with it

TnuY9zth.jpg

fI9A97wh.jpg

Also sorry about the terrible lighting, I didnt want to unplug the system and move it :P

How did you make a stealth drive? How do you open/close it? Once again, it looks really cool. 

Not space for legs, is that uncomfortable desk setting?

Yeah its only temporary, I usually only have 1 screen and my rig on the desk, but for now its a bit uncomfortable.

How did you make a stealth drive? How do you open/close it? Once again, it looks really cool. 

I followed this post: 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/12141-stealth-dvd-drive-mod/

I open it by pushing lightly on the bottom right corner. Thanks!