how to stop PS4 controller from charging when connected to PC

RyomaSJibenG

so basically, my PC doesn't have bluetooth function to make use of the PS4 wireless. Hence, i'll be playing via wired

everything is fine and all, just plug and play but the problem is while connected via wire the controller will ofc automatically charge the battery. The problem is if you left the battery charging non-stop it'll might break the battery and i don't want that. Also i notice the heat when i touch where the battery is

so is there a way i can stop charging PS4 controller. i just want to disable it completely but still able to use the controller?

sometimes later this year i'll be planning to upgrade my PC anyway with Motherboard that have built in wireless/bluetooh however it is not this day

6 minutes ago, Trinopoty said:

The PS4 controller should be smart enough to automatically stop charging when the battery is full so you don't need to worry.

still a bit worried since the battery area is quite hot though

but i hope it works that way

Just now, RyomaSJibenG said:

still a bit worried since the battery area is quite hot though

but i hope it works that way

It's normal for batteries to get a little warm while charging but I wouldn't worry about it unless it gets too hot to hold.

1 minute ago, Trinopoty said:

It's normal for batteries to get a little warm while charging but I wouldn't worry about it unless it gets too hot to hold.

i guess you're right, lets hope the battery not explode then

9 minutes ago, Trinopoty said:

The PS4 controller should be smart enough to automatically stop charging when the battery is full so you don't need to worry.

I, certainly, haven't been able to break my PS4-controller by just leaving it charging. Would be a fucking stupid design if it did break just from that.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Can't say I've ever noticed my PS4 controller get hot but yeah its literally designed to be left plugged in charging (they sell docking stations for this) so unless its defective it should be fine.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Why not get a cheap usb Bluetooth dongle, it would solve the problem and it works great honestly. 

I tried both of them and worked well with my ps3 controller and spc toolkit.  Prices are in canadian dollar

https://www.newegg.ca/p/1GK-004B-00001?Description=bluetooth usb dongle&cm_re=bluetooth_usb_dongle-_-9SIACU957H2613-_-Product

https://www.amazon.ca/TP-Link-UB400-Bluetooth-Controller-Keyboard/dp/B07V1SZCY6/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3OHRVQDIHKTLZ&keywords=bluetooth+usb+dongle&qid=1587208111&sprefix=bluetooth+usb+d%2Caps%2C158&sr=8-5

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD

This isn't 2006, the batteries stop charging when they're at max.

Alternatively, you could just take apart the controller and remove the battery. But again, it's fine.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440