New Rig I'm about to pull the trigger on

This will be the second computer I have built. My first one is 7 years old and I have been limping in along for as long as I can and need to upgrade. I plan on using this for gaming but I also use it as a media center pc in m living room hooked up to my tv. My current tv is only 1080p but I do plan on upgrading in the near future. Like I said it will also be used as a plex server and I will be using hard drives from my old system for additional storage. I game but I don't need everything maxed out on graphics but I do want to future proof a bit. That's why I went with the graphics card in the build. One thing that is important is sound quality. I want a MOBO that has an optical output so I can hook to my AV receiver. But if there is a better option I am not aware of please let me know. I want to keep the budget below $1800.00 usd. Thanks for any help!

Looks like an unbalanced build, I would go with a Ryzen 7 3700X and an RTX 2070 SUPER instead. 

Since next gen consoles will have 8C/16T Zen 2 CPUs, if you want to "future proof" a little bit, I think the 3700X is the way to go right now. 

Hello,

Better priced cooler and no thermal paste.

Better motherboard, still has an optic etc.

Better priced and performance SSD.

Better GPU for the same price (better cooling, the MSI Ventus is very meh in that regards).

Better case with still RGB but better airflow.

If you wanna keep the RTX 2080 SUPER and upgrade to the Ryzen 7 3700X, just remove the CPU cooler from your list and keep the stock one which is pretty good if you don't want to OC.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($292.14 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($189.99 @ Best Buy) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($85.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($69.99 @ Adorama) 
Storage: Toshiba X300 4 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($111.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: PNY GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB XLR8 Gaming Overclocked Edition Video Card  ($699.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ B&H) 
Keyboard: Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED) Wireless Gaming Keyboard  ($153.93 @ Amazon) 
Mouse: Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Optical Mouse  ($72.00 @ Amazon) 
Custom: rgb case lighting ($12.00)
Custom: usb cable ($12.00)
Total: $1890.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-16 08:57 EDT-0400

I second @Meganter's build suggestion.

Maybe get a Crucial P1 NVMe for the same price as the MX500 ($1 less or so). I haven't looked at the motherboard, specifications don't mention optical out, but from the pictures it seems to have it. If not the Gigabyte Aorus Elite does ($10 more). 3-fan card is a good investment. The faster ram as well. For a fully modular PSU, get the Phanteks AMP 650W - it's a great unit ($105)

2 hours ago, Viper9 said:

Looks like an unbalanced build, I would go with a Ryzen 7 3700X and an RTX 2070 SUPER instead. 

Since next gen consoles will have 8C/16T Zen 2 CPUs, if you want to "future proof" a little bit, I think the 3700X is the way to go right now. 

Do you think it would be worth going to the RTX 2080 for the additional price? How do you think it will diminish performance?

8 minutes ago, josh912 said:

Do you think it would be worth going to the RTX 2080 for the additional price? How do you think it will diminish performance?

I don't think it's worth it, if you wanna upgrade go with the RTX 2080S. 

57 minutes ago, josh912 said:

What are your thoughts on this card? Seems like a good deal to me but my knowledge is limited.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/WGLwrH/sapphire-radeon-rx-5700-xt-8-gb-nitro-video-card-11293-03-40g

A 5700XT is about on par with a 2070 Super, maybe 5-10% slower at most and in some titles. It's about $100 cheaper than a 2070 Super though, so it's usually a great alternative if you don't need the NVENC encoder for streaming or anything.

This particular model is great - sapphire cards are a safe choice when it comes to AMD GPUs.