Buzzing Sound

I have an RTX 2070 Super Founders Edition that has been pretty quiet up until recently when i overclocked it. I raised the power limit to 120% and overclocked everything just fine but then a few hours later the card started making this weird buzzing sound that I have never heard before. I reverted my overclock but left the power limit at 120% and the buzz persisted. So i tried lowering the power limit and what do you know, the buzz decreases the lower the power limit is. Before i overclocked the card, there was no buzzing sound whatsoever and now it wont go away no matter what. The buzzing sounds like its coming from the front of the card right before where the "RTX 2070 Super" starts on the backplate. Any ideas whats going on?

It could be coil whine, in which case its sadly not likely to go away.  Its not harmful, just irritating.

Its not necessarily the increased power that caused it, likely would have happened over time anyway, but understandably more power makes it more audible as more current is flowing so the coil will move more.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Just now, Alex Atkin UK said:

It could be coil whine.  If the higher power load has loosened the coils in an inductor then sadly its not likely to go away.

Its not harmful, just irritating.

could you explain to me what an inductor is?

3 minutes ago, Zer0BL2 said:

could you explain to me what an inductor is?

Its part of the voltage regulation circuit, how it converts the 12v input into the voltages the chips actually use.

At a basic level, its just a coil of wire around a composite core - so while its not its purpose the pulses of power can cause it to move just like a loudspeaker coil does.  Sometimes it moves enough to be audible.

WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)

Its part of the voltage regulation circuit, how it converts the 12v input into the voltages the chips actually use.

At a basic level, its just a coil of wire around a composite core - so it can move just like a loudspeaker coil does.  Sometimes it moves enough to be audible.

huh, yeh this buzzing sound is VERY loud. atleast right now when i have it at 120% power limit. i can hear it from the other side of my room while the fans are running quite loud as well.

Just now, Zer0BL2 said:

huh, yeh this buzzing sound is VERY loud. atleast right now when i have it at 120% power limit. i can hear it from the other side of my room while the fans are running quite loud as well.

Is it a high pitched tone?

Is it a high pitched tone?

kind of, it kind of sounds almost like a fan is just barely hitting a wire but i check my entire case already and i reseated the gpu and made sure there are no wires in any fans.

15 minutes ago, Zer0BL2 said:

kind of, it kind of sounds almost like a fan is just barely hitting a wire but i check my entire case already and i reseated the gpu and made sure there are no wires in any fans.

Coil whine as the name suggests, is generally more like a high-pitched whine than a buzz, but its a tricky thing to describe really unless you've heard it.