Problem with dark rock pro 4

ElvisRudan33

Make sure that the cooler is fully and evenly tightened. Tighten gradually in an X-pattern instead of one side before another and try to tighten the cooler a bit more if possible. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

6 hours ago, ElvisRudan33 said:

Update: so I have firgured out that my case airflow isn’t the best and so I’ll be looking into getting a mesh front panel case. But in the mean time I can pop off the front panel from the case and let more airflow. On tope of that I set a fab curve which is now keeping the system at 38c at idle and around 57-60c in game. Those temps I’m happy with but honestly this cooler isn’t worth the price for what I have been experiencing with it. Other people seem to have lots of success which is great but for me I couldn’t recommend it personally.

it does what it advertised at TDP and such, AND ITS BLACK :D

iam using on a i7-2700k overclocked with no issue.

But if the airflow in your case isnt great it cannot perform, it cannot go under ambient, which in this case is inside the case.
your evo 212 might have been oriented a bit better in forms of airflow in your case.

to be fair it is a huge cooler and i had ram clearence issues etc but it pulled out a old custom water loop 360 rad with this one and it still did the job. though my old setup was also a bit overkill.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2020 at 11:00 PM, WoodenMarker said:

Make sure that the cooler is fully and evenly tightened. Tighten gradually in an X-pattern instead of one side before another and try to tighten the cooler a bit more if possible. 

Thanks for the info. I made sure to do this.

On 4/17/2020 at 5:23 AM, Ajukrezi said:

it does what it advertised at TDP and such, AND ITS BLACK :D

iam using on a i7-2700k overclocked with no issue.

But if the airflow in your case isnt great it cannot perform, it cannot go under ambient, which in this case is inside the case.
your evo 212 might have been oriented a bit better in forms of airflow in your case.

to be fair it is a huge cooler and i had ram clearence issues etc but it pulled out a old custom water loop 360 rad with this one and it still did the job. though my old setup was also a bit overkill.

Thanks for the info. I ended up getting the meshify c from fractal design and it’s airflow has made my system run beautifully and I also tweaked with my voltages to help with my thermals. My voltages seemed very high for stock usage and I disabled precision boost Overdrive and I didn’t see any performance issues and my thermals are way better now