HELP - Connect DUAL 144HZ Monitors to Acer Predator Helios 300 - IS IT POSSIBLE?

Hi!

I've just got a new Acer Predator Helios 300 with the RTX 2060 card, and also got 2 new Acer Predator XB271HUAbmiprz Nvidia G-Sync monitor. So this is a triple monitor setup.

I have one monitor connected with a display pont cabel, using an added display port mini to diplay port converter, and the oter monitor is connevted via an HDMI cabel.

The main problem is that the monitor connected with the hdmi cabel is limited to 60HZ, and can't do G-Sync. I was wondering, if is there any solution, to connect both monitors with a display port cabel, so booth can run 144HZ and use G-sync.

The ports on the laptop are:

- 3x USB 3.0 (1x Power Off Charging funtion)

- 1x USB Type-C (USB 3.1 Gen 2 10Gbps)

- 1x HDMI™ 2.0 port

- 1x Mini DisplayPort 1.4

- 1x 3.5mm headset/speaker + microphone

- 1x Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45)

13 minutes ago, SP1KEE said:

Hi!

I've just got a new Acer Predator Helios 300 with the RTX 2060 card, and also got 2 new Acer Predator XB271HUAbmiprz Nvidia G-Sync monitor. So this is a triple monitor setup.

I have one monitor connected with a display pont cabel, using an added display port mini to diplay port converter, and the oter monitor is connevted via an HDMI cabel.

The main problem is that the monitor connected with the hdmi cabel is limited to 60HZ, and can't do G-Sync. I was wondering, if is there any solution, to connect both monitors with a display port cabel, so booth can run 144HZ and use G-sync.

- 1x HDMI™ 2.0 port

That's odd hdmi 2.0 should totally be able to do that. Try a different cable?

9 minutes ago, jaslion said:

That's odd hdmi 2.0 should totally be able to do that. Try a different cable?

Well, the problem is with the monitor. Sorry for not beeing spesific, but if the monitor is connected via HDMI, it does not support 144HZ, even if it is 2.0. Soo the problem is with the monitor in this case :/

6 minutes ago, SP1KEE said:

Hi!

- 1x HDMI™ 2.0 port

Hey there.. So the predator helios 300 doesn't allow you to connect external displays with the USB C port... But you can use the HDMI port to connect to external monitor... In your case as there are two monitors you can connect them by using a HDMI splitter.  I'll paste the link of one for you from Amazon US. Those things usually cost like 12 dollars or something.

Link for the Splitter: https://www.amazon.com/FYL-2Female-Splitter-Adapter-Converter/dp/B07L58J6Y1/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1RJFTSNNFX0AY&dchild=1&keywords=hdmi+splitter&qid=1586958267&sprefix=HDMI+spl%2Caps%2C359&sr=8-3

I think I've solved your problem...

43 minutes ago, SP1KEE said:

Well, the problem is with the monitor. Sorry for not beeing spesific, but if the monitor is connected via HDMI, it does not support 144HZ, even if it is 2.0. Soo the problem is with the monitor in this case :/

Well then you are basically out of luck as a hdmi to dp port adapter does not do 144hz. Not much to do about it.

36 minutes ago, vidyasager162 said:

Hey there.. So the predator helios 300 doesn't allow you to connect external displays with the USB C port... But you can use the HDMI port to connect to external monitor... In your case as there are two monitors you can connect them by using a HDMI splitter.  I'll paste the link of one for you from Amazon US. Those things usually cost like 12 dollars or something.

Link for the Splitter: https://www.amazon.com/FYL-2Female-Splitter-Adapter-Converter/dp/B07L58J6Y1/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1RJFTSNNFX0AY&dchild=1&keywords=hdmi+splitter&qid=1586958267&sprefix=HDMI+spl%2Caps%2C359&sr=8-3

That will just mirror the ouput on both screens. That and the monitor does not do 144hz over hdmi so basically the situation gets worse.

5 minutes ago, jaslion said:

That will just mirror the ouput on both screens. That and the monitor does not do 144hz over hdmi so basically the situation gets worse.

Well then the problem cannot be solved... If we can output via Display Port.. You can use a 1 to 3 Display port splitter to try if that works... Because Display Port outputs 144 Hz... I'll give the link for the splitter.

Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00JLRBB8I/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

6 minutes ago, vidyasager162 said:

Well then the problem cannot be solved... If we can output via Display Port.. You can use a 1 to 3 Display port splitter to try if that works... Because Display Port outputs 144 Hz... I'll give the link for the splitter.

Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00JLRBB8I/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Again it's a splitter that just mirrors the screen making the other monitor pointless because why would you want 2 times the same image?

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Again it's a splitter that just mirrors the screen making the other monitor pointless because why would you want 2 times the same image?

Yeah right but you can setup multiple displays settings on windows right?

Just now, vidyasager162 said:

Yeah right but you can setup multiple displays settings on windows right?

Yes but that is one display a port. You can hook up as many displays as you want to a single port with splitters (there is a limit) but it will all output the same display then as for the gpu 1 port is one display. (there are exceptions but that is only in the realm of quadro's and such with special cables).

Yes but that is one display a port. You can hook up as many displays as you want to a single port with splitters (there is a limit) but it will all output the same display then as for the gpu 1 port is one display. (there are exceptions but that is only in the realm of quadro's and such with special cables).

So if you don't want to output a display on three monitors then what is the use of three external monitors?

So if you don't want to output a display on three monitors then what is the use of three external monitors?

Displaying them as 3 separate monitors. Thus you need 3 independent connections to your gpu.

Displaying them as 3 separate monitors. Thus you need 3 independent connections to your gpu.

I'm not sure if you could do that with a single GPU and also this is a laptop .. So you can't use quadros either... So, I guess we can't do 3 individual displays from a single GPU

I'm not sure if you could do that with a single GPU and also this is a laptop .. So you can't use quadros either... So, I guess we can't do 3 individual displays from a single GPU

You totally can. This laptop does its own display + 2 others just fine. In this case it's just the display not being able to accept a newer version of hdmi that does do 144hz. My own far older laptop does 4 displays in total and there are about a decade old normal consumer gpu's that do 6 monitors just fine. I'd suggest you maybe read up about displays and gpu's.

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

You totally can. This laptop does its own display + 2 others just fine. In this case it's just the display not being able to accept a newer version of hdmi that does do 144hz. My own far older laptop does 4 displays in total and there are about a decade old normal consumer gpu's that do 6 monitors just fine. I'd suggest you maybe read up about displays and gpu's.

Yeah okay man... sorry my bad..., will surely do some research on that... Sorry that I wasn't helpful.

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

DisplayPort MST hubs will allow multiple independent displays on a single port. However in this case it will not help since multiple 1440p 144 Hz displays exceeds the bandwidth of a single DP port, and G-Sync does not work through MST hubs.

There is no solution unfortunately.

• 2 months later...
On 4/15/2020 at 7:04 PM, SP1KEE said:

Hi!

- 1x HDMI™ 2.0 port

On 4/15/2020 at 10:20 PM, Glenwing said:

DisplayPort MST hubs will allow multiple independent displays on a single port. However in this case it will not help since multiple 1440p 144 Hz displays exceeds the bandwidth of a single DP port, and G-Sync does not work through MST hubs.

There is no solution unfortunately.

I have Acer Predator Helios 300 Core i5 9th Gen - (16 GB/1 TB HDD/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/6 GB Graphics/NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Ti) PH315-52-58DM/PH315-52-5520 Gaming Laptop 

I wanted to ask you which type of Monitor is supported by my laptop? 

Can i buy anyone of this monitor mentioned below and will laptop be able to provide enough power to support 144hz gaming with high graphics for games like apex legend; fortnite;  .....

Monitor Option 1 (preferred): https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07R7636MH/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A14CZOWI0VEHLG&psc=1

Monitor Option 2 : https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01A0ZRR50/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1GJCH5QFCQRMP&psc=1

Or should i buy some other less refresh rate IPS monitor to compliment my Laptop Power?

One last query - Can you let me know whether my laptop will support 2K video ?

• 6 months later...
On 4/15/2020 at 4:06 PM, vidyasager162 said:

Hello guys,  i am having just small confusion. i need to connect two Samsung monitors to my Helios 300.

buy having only one hdmi port. 

Does the hdmi splitter works?? to do the job.

at last i need use three monitors to work (2 external monitos+Laptop screen) not as mirror but as extended mode. is this possible. i need to do it i am struggling with it please someone help...

• 1 year later...
On 1/17/2021 at 5:30 PM, Hari_Linux said:

Hello guys,  i am having just small confusion. i need to connect two Samsung monitors to my Helios 300.

buy having only one hdmi port. 

Does the hdmi splitter works?? to do the job.

at last i need use three monitors to work (2 external monitos+Laptop screen) not as mirror but as extended mode. is this possible. i need to do it i am struggling with it please someone help...

Hi, bro I'm struggling with the same issue. Did you find the solution!! I will appreciate your help. Thanks in advance