Does this require windows 10 tool ?

Cemil2565
Go to solution Solved by minibois,
3 minutes ago, Cemil2565 said:

do i have to install win10 with usb if i select and reset from windows settings ? 

If you reset it from that settings menu, you don't need a USB drive (assuming you want to leave Windows on the disk it is on right now, if you want to install it on another disk, you need a USB drive).

Keep in mind during the reset you can choose to keep programs/documents or not; but you should still make a backup of your files.

After that you can choose if it should only delete your files or do a full clean. As it will tell you in that dialogue; only choose the full clean if you are giving the device away to someone else. Delete only option is fine if this device will stay in your belonging, plus the full clean takes sooooo long.

do i have to install win10 with usb if i select and reset from windows settings ? 

11.PNG

3 minutes ago, Cemil2565 said:

If you reset it from that settings menu, you don't need a USB drive (assuming you want to leave Windows on the disk it is on right now, if you want to install it on another disk, you need a USB drive).

Keep in mind during the reset you can choose to keep programs/documents or not; but you should still make a backup of your files.

After that you can choose if it should only delete your files or do a full clean. As it will tell you in that dialogue; only choose the full clean if you are giving the device away to someone else. Delete only option is fine if this device will stay in your belonging, plus the full clean takes sooooo long.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, minibois said:

thank you :)