Linux mint error + usb wont work??

Hi there.
My current sutiation:
- My PC memory has been sent off for a replacement so I have no RAM
- I tried to go from Windows to Linux Mint but it was un successful and errored and I have no OS.
- the usb I tried to boot from doesnt seem to have the original flashed ISO file as its only got a total of 2.4mb of data.
My phone does not recognise the USB as a storage device.
I used a app from google play and am able to see the content but it doesnt have a real path to it and the start folder is " NO NAME" so I dont know if I can move the iso from my phone to the usb anyway.
I've tried multiple flashing apps to try to put the ISO on the USB but they dont work.
Any ideas on what to do?spacer.png

Snapchat-1498879055.jpg

Screenshot_20200414-200518_ISO 2 USB.jpg

Screenshot_20200414-201036_ISO 2 USB.jpg

Screenshot_20200414-203151_Total Commander.jpg

Edited by iTzSadButNotRad

Just now, NZgamer said:

Wait, so you're trying to boot a PC with no RAM? You can't do that... unless I'm missing something here?

Haha no no I'm basically saying I don't have another computer available to flash the linux .iso file onto 🤡

Just now, NZgamer said:

So you need to use the flash drive to boot a laptop?

We kinda need more details...

So originally I had Windows 10, I flashed my linux file onto my USB and booted it from there. Everything was perfectly fine and I started to install linux. I went though some of the steps but where I had an option ' turn off secure boot ' from the text above I thought I'd need to disable the option so I did and continued. But then I realised I needed to check it so I went back and then continued again. I then selected to erase everything and install linux. It seemed fine then promoted to the time zone but as I was going to select a time zone it gave me an alert to re boot the system before selecting any other options so I did just that.

As I turned back on the laptop it didnt boot and it just gave me an error ( the one in the attached image )

Next logically I tried to do the process from my phone but it didn't seem to flash and the USB has only got 2.4mb of data on it that isnt enough and I assume the lack of data errors the linux boot.

I dont really know what to do now but thats as good of an explanation as I can give.

You can install a busybox terminal on your phone and try to copy the ISO file from the phone to the usb stick via dd (as you would on linux). This can work depending on the phone model. But this probably will only work with root. Is your phone rooted? There are ways without rooting the phone but they are probably not very practical, and I couldn't explain howto without trying some stuff myself.