Will this PSU still enough for 2060/5700?

feraciouz
Go to solution Solved by GoldenLag,
2 minutes ago, feraciouz said:

Sorry if i'm too much bother to asking you. But isn't it in tier B, is it really okay to pair with that GPU (5700XT) that consume over than 200W according on their website.

its in tier B, and yes it okay to pair it with a 5700 xt. or even the 2080ti which will at times pull north of 250w. which is where the OPP/OCP on the System Power U9 500w might trigger. not that it matters a lot, as if it triggers, no harm is done to other components. 

Hello,

This is my first post, so i'm sorry if i made any mistake. I want to ask about my existing PSU, it is Be Quiet System Power U9 500W, the system that i was using now is a Ryzen 5 3600, B450-A Pro Max, 2 sticks of 8gb ram, 1 Sata SSD, 2 HDD, and a GTX 1060 6GB. If i want to upgrade my GPU to a RTX 2060 Super or RX 5600 XT or RX 5700 (Non XT) should i upgrade my current PSU or will it be able to handle that GPU?

Thank You

8 minutes ago, feraciouz said:

should i upgrade my current PSU or will it be able to handle that GPU?

the U9 is more than fine to handle that GPU. 

11 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

the U9 is more than fine to handle that GPU. 

Thanks! One last question, if i were to change to 5700 XT is it still sufficient?

7 minutes ago, feraciouz said:

Thanks! One last question, if i were to change to 5700 XT is it still sufficient?

Yep. 

Could run a 2080ti on it. Which would be about the limit of what the rail layout can handle before tripping OPP. 

38 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Yep. 

Could run a 2080ti on it. Which would be about the limit of what the rail layout can handle before tripping OPP. 

Sorry if i'm too much bother to asking you. But isn't it in tier B, is it really okay to pair with that GPU (5700 XT) that consume over than 200W according on their website.

2 minutes ago, feraciouz said:

Sorry if i'm too much bother to asking you. But isn't it in tier B, is it really okay to pair with that GPU (5700XT) that consume over than 200W according on their website.

its in tier B, and yes it okay to pair it with a 5700 xt. or even the 2080ti which will at times pull north of 250w. which is where the OPP/OCP on the System Power U9 500w might trigger. not that it matters a lot, as if it triggers, no harm is done to other components. 

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

Nice! Thank you so much for your time and answer, really appreciate it!