3 monitor settup curved/flat?

thermophile

Hi all, I'm switching from 3x 27inch 1080 to 3x 27inch 1440p monitors. So many ive seen are curved. I was thinking only getting the center curved with a high refresh and the sides 60hz flat screens, or getting all three flat. Does any one have a similar set up they could post a picture of?

Picture of my current setup for reference:

IMG_20200413_151251.jpg

depends on usage... i always go flat, the curvature when working in things like excel, or 3d design, or anything else, makes it hard just to eyeball straight lines..

so it has to be because you like the design.. have really never seen the value of curved displays, and THANK GOD it is dying in tv´s.

Just now, RasmusDC said:

depends on usage... i always go flat, the curvature when working in things like excel, or 3d design, or anything else, makes it hard just to eyeball straight lines..

so it has to be because you like the design.. have really never seen the value of curved displays, and THANK GOD it is dying in tv´s.

I've never been a fan either. I mostly just game and watch video etc. Major overkill I know, but I like overkill, you know?

1 hour ago, thermophile said:

Hi all, I'm switching from 3x 27inch 1080 to 3x 27inch 1440p monitors. So many ive seen are curved. I was thinking only getting the center curved with a high refresh and the sides 60hz flat screens, or getting all three flat. Does any one have a similar set up they could post a picture of?

Curved doesn't make sense to me unless you're going ultrawide. If you're planning to stay with 16:9 aspect 27" monitors I'd stick with flat. High refresh for main/center and 60 Hz for the side is a good balance of performance and cost.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

1 hour ago, thermophile said:

Picture of my current setup for reference:

<snip>

You can see I have a similar setup. Unless you go ultra wide its not worth imo.

Spoiler

Setup.jpg.a47ecaea00e57385bebf1e8141b69ba5.jpg

1 hour ago, RasmusDC said:

32 minutes ago, RAS_3885 said:

Curved doesn't make sense to me unless you're going ultrawide. If you're planning to stay with 16:9 aspect 27" monitors I'd stick with flat. High refresh for main/center and 60 Hz for the side is a good balance of performance and cost.

Agree 100%

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

personally i just bought 3x27 inch AOC IPS high refesh panels for my racing rig... they are flat, and really cheap.. although only 1080p, but my 1080ti is no that happy running 3x1440p and all the mods on Iracing..

runs 4K fine, but still.. it is a stretch, and 1080 high refesh is fine for me... but would go for other things..

SLIMMEST bezel, same screens.. i know 60hz on the sides could be cheaper, but i find that color matching, panel size, bezel designs, are quite important for me.. that things look alike..

personally i love my SR75 27 1440p samsung VA and it is cheap on my desk, with minimal bezels and 144hz and the VA´s blacklevel, that would be a choice for me.. but that is because i HATE the colors on the TN, even though they have become better, and the really poor black levels on IPS. 

even with local dimming IPS are horrid.

30 minutes ago, RasmusDC said:

personally i love my SR75 27 1440p samsung VA and it is cheap on my desk,

it doesnt LOOK vesa mountable, i have a 3 monitor arm i use, can you mount these? 

oh correct, it does have a hole pattern for the "stand" in the back, but it is not a normal 100x100 pattern, so it would not work. without the build of some sort of converter, that could convert that hole pattern to normal VESA.

So, since I've had good experiences with ViewSonic in the past, I got an xg2760 and 2x VA2719-2K-SMHD will take until mid May to receive them all but it's a full upgrade from 1080 to 1440p :D