What do i need in a server

Hi i want to make my own Server where i can host an emulators for some games but i have no idea what to put in. i want at least 16GB of ram but for the most part i dont know what to put in it has anyone suggestions?

2 minutes ago, Just A Dude said:

Hi i want to make my own Server where i can host an emulators for some games but i have no idea what to put in. i want at least 16GB of ram but for the most part i dont know what to put in it has anyone suggestions?

Emulators like lots of threads.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

24 minutes ago, Just A Dude said:

budget? usage other than hosting emulators?

Is it going to be used as a nas?

we need more information to be able to help

1 minute ago, Bajantechnician said:

budget? usage other than hosting emulators?

Is it going to be used as a nas?

we need more information to be able to help

yes i want it as budget possible but still be a good one (i live in the Netherlands so prices are different here)
and im only hosting the emulators and a XamppWebserver and ofc the files needed for that, so im not using it as a nas

1 hour ago, Just A Dude said:

yes i want it as budget possible but still be a good one (i live in the Netherlands so prices are different here)
and im only hosting the emulators and a XamppWebserver and ofc the files needed for that, so im not using it as a nas

Budget: unknown.
(As budget as possible but still good says literally nothing other than that you don’t want to be ripped off and since no one wants to be ripped off it still says nothing)

number of emulators: unknown

type of emulators: unknown

there really isn’t much that can be done with this.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

If you don't need a lot of power a 4C/8T Xeon will probably do you fine. The older LGA1150 platform perhaps with DDR3. Then all you need is a server/type motherboard from a manufacturer like Supermicro. ASRock Rack has some decent ones.