TV's a a monitor for the not so rich folks.

Claw22000

First time poster long time watcher.

I have been researching the last few days trying to find my next TV for my PC.  I prefer a TV since I do have friends over and my whole family enjoys games together on this.  So a small nice monitor isn't really an option for us.  I am also not made out of money so when I do get $500 - $600 to spend I need to make sure I will get the most out of it.  I have really had a hard time finding TV's with Displayport on them.  I know that it must have this if I want a higher than 60hz rate on the display.  (PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG!)  

This is what I'm looking for and I hope its not a pipe dream.

4K with Decent HDR

Size Rang 43" to 55" anything smaller or bigger won't fit my needs

120hz or more

Displayport

Not OLED (Don't want burn in this will be PC only)

Cheaper than $600.

I know this is asking a lot and I can't seem to find many decent videos related to this subject.  Most TV reviewers only  care about non-PC usage. 

Most of my friends and family are going to the TV route instead of a monitor for the same reasons.  a PC is more than a single persons entertainment now a days!  We need size.

Please help I just have had a heck of a time in my research.  Everytime I think I found something it doesn't have DP on it.

Thanks in advance

DrClaw

TVs don’t have DP. You’ll need to use HDMI and have a graphics card with a decent HDMI spec depending on what resolution and refresh rate you want to run. Can’t offer you any help other than that unfortunately as I don’t use TV’s as monitors.

14 minutes ago, Claw22000 said:

First time poster long time watcher.

I have been researching the last few days trying to find my next TV for my PC.  I prefer a TV since I do have friends over and my whole family enjoys games together on this.  So a small nice monitor isn't really an option for us.  I am also not made out of money so when I do get $500 - $600 to spend I need to make sure I will get the most out of it.  I have really had a hard time finding TV's with Displayport on them.  I know that it must have this if I want a higher than 60hz rate on the display.  (PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG!)  

This is what I'm looking for and I hope its not a pipe dream.

4K with Decent HDR

Size Rang 43" to 55" anything smaller or bigger won't fit my needs

120hz or more

Displayport

Not OLED (Don't want burn in this will be PC only)

Cheaper than $600.

I know this is asking a lot and I can't seem to find many decent videos related to this subject.  Most TV reviewers only  care about non-PC usage. 

Most of my friends and family are going to the TV route instead of a monitor for the same reasons.  a PC is more than a single persons entertainment now a days!  We need size.

Please help I just have had a heck of a time in my research.  Everytime I think I found something it doesn't have DP on it.

Thanks in advance

DrClaw

The only true high refresh rate tv's are far outside of your budget. You are basically locked to 60hz give for a few that allow some overclocking. Displayport is not needed for high refresh rate as well even dvi can do 144hz within a certain spec.

19 minutes ago, Claw22000 said:

$500 - $600

4K with Decent HDR

120hz or more

Not going to happen.

20 minutes ago, Claw22000 said:

Displayport

No TV has displayport, just use a DP to HDMI adapter.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Thanks for all the quick responses.  I would be happy with 1440p with the rest of the specs the same.  Still want a large display and decent refresh rate.  Would this be a more obtainable option?