Rosewill PHOTON Series 650W Weird sound

Coltonw023456

so i heard for a while my PC has been making a sound like a thumping sound small one and every few seconds it will do it when the power supply is underload 

with sound to see if anyone will know what it is 

Sounds like a fan is going bad. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

Just now, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

i have no warranty so can i replace it ? like the fan

2 minutes ago, Coltonw023456 said:

You could but they are almost always weird sizes. Sometimes they have odd plugs. Such as a 2 pin vs a 3 pin. 135mm vs 120mm etc. Sometimes weird thicknesses as well.  And I personally wouldn't open a power supply. You can easily shock yourself with main's voltage even after the PSU is unplugged. That can give you a nasty jolt or... worst. It is easier to just replace the PSU. Get a better quality one. 

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

1 minute ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

You could but they are almost always weird sizes. Sometimes they have odd plugs. Such as a 2 pin vs a 3 pin. 135mm vs 120mm etc. Sometimes weird thicknesses as well.  And I personally wouldn't open a power supply. You can easily shock yourself with main's voltage even after the PSU is unplugged. That can give you a nasty jolt or... worst. It is easier to just replace the PSU. Get a better quality one. 

i know this one has a 2 pin 

You will have to open the power supply and try to get a model off the fan and replace it. Personally, again, I would NOT do that due to an electrocution risk. The caps on the mains side hold main's voltages for days even after a discharge. You make a single mistake, you are going to get a zap. And one hell of one at that. 

1 minute ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

You will have to open the power supply and try to get a model off the fan and replace it. Personally, again, I would NOT do that due to an electrocution risk. The caps on the mains side hold main's voltages for days even after a discharge. You make a single mistake, you are going to get a zap. And one hell of one at that. 

true well thank you 

Just now, Coltonw023456 said:

true well thank you 

No problem. I am willing to fix anything but power supplies I stay away from. Mains at 120v hurts like hell. Mains at 240 will send you across the room or worse. Better to be safe than sorry. 

I don't hear anything. Can you explain that sound more ?  In any case, you can first try grease the fan bearing if it's really the fan that makes the sound.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

12 hours ago, Juular said:

I don't hear anything. Can you explain that sound more ?  In any case, you can first try grease the fan bearing if it's really the fan that makes the sound.

its like a rumble small to loud

18 hours ago, Pickles - Lord of the Jar said:

18 hours ago, Coltonw023456 said:

Easy to tell it it's the fan.

Stop the fan from spinning and see if the noise goes away.

6 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Easy to tell it it's the fan.

Stop the fan from spinning and see if the noise goes away.

did that 

36 minutes ago, Coltonw023456 said:

did that 

And what was the verdict?

11 hours ago, Coltonw023456 said:

did that 

Bregmann Roche Xbox Dvr Xbox One GIF by Gamer DVR | Gfycat