Is this a good rig?

Damien_X

So, I'm thinking of building a PC for myself for gaming, but I've got a tight budget. I would like some recommendations on what could be better, but only changes to the CPU, motherboard and graphics card would be useful to me at this time. Thank you! :)

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7WNFp8

CPU: Intel Core i3-9100F 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($111.00) 
Motherboard: MSI B365M PRO-VDH Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($83.00) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($38.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.98 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 4 GB PULSE ITX Video Card  ($205.00) 
Case: NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ Best Buy) 
Power Supply: EVGA BR 600 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($61.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $724.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Yeah, as an overall pc, but as i said, only modifications to them motherboard, cpu and gpu.

1 minute ago, Jedimaster99 said:

Go AMD. it is a better deal all around, and you'll be happy you did so. I'd go with a Rx 580 instead of an RX 570.

i dont have access to high speed ram so sadly i cant

1 minute ago, Damien_X said:

Yeah, as an overall pc, but as i said, only modifications to them motherboard, cpu and gpu.

So what are you trying to do? You already have this system?

What's the budget for upgrades?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Spending only slightly more on 3200mhz/3600mhz RAM will make things a lot better weather you go AMD or intel. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/h8dxFT/patriot-viper-4-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3200-memory-pv416g320c6k This will only cost you slightly more than the RAM you have, from the perspective of the whole system, and you get 16gb instead of 8gb at a reasonable speed. Bad RAM will make any system worse, regardless of the platform.

i have access to free ram, storage, case, power supply and maybe motherboard. im just trying to see if there are better combos for the cpu-gpu.the price for both would be 400$.

and i cant change to amd, cause of ram and motherboards available

what about a Ryzen 5 3600 and an ROG Strix B450-F? The CPU costs $175 and the motherboard costs $130. You have $95 left over to buy some 16GB of 3600mhz RAM and probably some cash left over. That is a FAR more powerful system.

how to delete a post, ive found the perfect combo. ill go for the rx 580 instead and 16gb of ram