Two 27" 4K monitors vs One ultrawide curved 1440p monitor? (same price)

Samael

Hi everyone! I was going to finally get an ultrawide curved monitor I've dreamed about for quite a while but only now realized that I can actually get TWO (!) 4K 27" monitors (LG 27UL650-W) for the same price as one ultrawide curved monitor (LG 34WK95C-W). And so even though I can really benefit from ultrawide and it's exactly what I wanted to try for quite a while just the fact that I can get (again) not one but two great 4K monitors for exactly the same price really boggles me.

What are your thoughts about it? Did you face a similar dilemma at some point?

spacer.png

YOu'll get more screen real estate by having 2.

Ultrawides is only 33% wider (21:9 vs 16:9)

For gaming ultrawide, for work dual.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

5 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

YOu'll get more screen real estate by having 2.

Ultrawides is only 33% wider (21:9 vs 16:9)

For gaming ultrawide, for work dual.

I guess my main goal with the setup is work and productivity, although ultrawide looks (and I assume feels) really cool. It's not even about getting more space but getting a significantly higher pixel density (literally a x2 difference)

On the other hand one monitor looks much cleaner, although these LG 4K monitors are quite minimalistic on their own.

Another thing to consider, if it broke, it will cost substantially to replace the curved screen.

Curved screen is on it's way out like VR headset.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

Another thing to consider, if it broke, it will cost substantially to replace the curved screen.

Curved screen is on it's way out like VR headset.

I don't think that monitor repair is a thing whether it's curved ultrawide or just a 'regular' monitor )

Now this one you can't refuse.

3 hours ago, Oalei said:

i wish i have that kind of dilemma at some point in my life.

although who knows, maybe the 2nd great depression strikes and I'll be selling these 4K monitors for a chunk of bread =(

37 minutes ago, Samael said:

although who knows, maybe the 2nd great depression strikes and I'll be selling these 4K monitors for a chunk of bread =(

well food is important men.....

I actually was looking at a super ultra wide (currently using 2 flat 27" 1080p). Does anyone has one and does alot of CAD (2D&3D) work on it. I am concerned if the curve would effect how the drawings would look from a user point of view, and also from a bystander point of view (a person standing up). Having all the lines looking curved?

Thanks for any input

21 hours ago, StoNe! said:

I actually was looking at a super ultra wide (currently using 2 flat 27" 1080p). Does anyone has one and does alot of CAD (2D&3D) work on it. I am concerned if the curve would effect how the drawings would look from a user point of view, and also from a bystander point of view (a person standing up). Having all the lines looking curved?

Thanks for any input

I think ultrawide is not recommended for graphic work =(