New Keyboard won’t type but lights up please help!

Robertsson

Hey guys, yesterday I got a brand new razer black widow. I plugged it in it lights up but won’t type. When I press a key it’s reactive and has a breathing affect then goes back to a rainbow.

I have tried reinstalling drivers and synapse, turning off filter keys, using regedit. Razer support said to try resetting the keyboard with (Esc+shift) and plugging it back in but that didn’t do anything either, nothing seems to be working. It’s really frustrating it’s brand new and I can’t get it to type.

Any advice or tips would be really appreciated right now. Thank you guys in advance!!

Just tried it on my Xbox doesn’t work :/ just lights up and does the reactive thing 

Have you installed the drivers?

Might need it, I don't mean the regular windows ones but whatever the manufacturer recommends. Often the drivers also have light control.

1 minute ago, coconut_pie said:

Have you installed the drivers?

Might need it, I don't mean the regular windows ones but whatever the manufacturer recommends. Often the drivers also have light control.

Yeah I have done. Do u reckon it could be broken? I mean it lights properly and obviously reacts to what I press but maybe something else is wrong in there not letting me type