NZXT H440 Review!

mightytech

This is my review of the NZXT H440,through a consumers perspective. 

This case is my first high end case. I had a NZXT source 210 before I had this,and this makes that seem tiny and very weak.Also this is not my build log that I promised some people,this is just a review :D. The build log will be starting probably around march (My birthday). 

Also sorry for crap phone pics, I tried to get the best I could.

Part 1:Build quality and features 

The case is mostly constructed of metal with some plastic accents. All the black parts are plastic. The plastic is a very nice matte black color, with a very nice texture to it. The side panels feel very solid,they are decently thick and have some sound deadening foam. When this case is fully built it is very heavy,compared to other cases iv'e had. The case has a very nice side panel window that only shows the parts you want, including the power supply cover. The cover has a black section with a illuminated NZXT logo. The black section is again,textured and matte finished. The cover also has 2 2.5" drive sleds. On the PCIe slots on the back, I had trouble mounting my GTX 770 as it didn't line up correctly, but i managed to get one thumb screw in. The cable management grommets are at an angle,which makes it a bit easier for your 24 pins and SATA cables to be routed, and it gives you more room on the back of the motherboard tray for cable routing. The hard drive sleds are very nice,and full metal. One thing about them is the paint chips a bit when you screw in your drives. But that is if you really wrench it on like i did

:/  

jaX6pQ6.jpg 

Part 2:The build/ease of use 

Building in this case was much better than any case. Since you don't need to worry about the PSU area looking like crap, you can shove a bunch of cables there and not worry about them, to an extent. For once all of the standoffs lined up perfectly with the motherboard. The PSU cover has an area for the front panel IO to be routed, and this looks very clean.  On the back, there is a fan controller type thing. All the fans except the CPU cooler fans can be plugged into it. This makes things look even cleaner. 

phhYEP1.jpg

The PSU has a filter,which is nice since I had to go buy some canned air since my PC was dusty and the source 210 wasn't filtered. Now everything's nice and new(Ish) looking. The cable management was...OK. Maybe I'm just not good at it. It wasn't bad at all it was actually pretty nice and will probably be better once I sleeve my cables.

dTtsfBe.jpg

PcgTMnc.jpg

Part 3:Cooling/Performance

People said they were skeptical about the cooling performance of the case, but i'll tell you that my idle temps stayed exactly the same,but much quieter. Under synthetic load my GPU only hit 80C, My cpu never got above 60C,and thats with this:

http://www.rocketfishproducts.com/products/computer-accessories/RF-UPCUWR.html

Under a gaming load my GPU never got above 65-70C and cpu stayed around 55-60C. I am going to watercool my system with 2x 360mm Rads (GPU and CPU). So temps should be very nice.

Part 4:Conclusion

So this case, for me, is perfect. I don't need a optical drive. I don't need much else than what this case has. If it was a little bit wider so you could route cables a little bit easier that would make the case a lot easier to build than it already is. The price is just right for what the case brings to the table. Just the right amount of features with a very nice build quality. If you want a watercooling case, than this is worth checking out if you want ATX form factor.

PICTURES!!!

qF7okUK.jpg

9n4cRMa.jpg

Gus3ERH.jpg

dQ5PZXd.jpg

CgxCuMn.jpg

M2AXgJI.jpg

Dat second monitor...

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

Yes...then send it to NZXT! I would buy that for a small LAN/Editing rig.

When I get some free time(rare) :(

Yes...then send it to NZXT! I would buy that for a small LAN/Editing rig.

You never know whats coming down the line..  Not saying if we are or aren't going smaller. 

But I love the review mighty tech. 

You never know whats coming down the line..  Not saying if we are or aren't going smaller. 

But I love the review mighty tech. 

You guys really don't have a small case. It would be sweet though. I'm a real fan of NZXT (call me a fanboy, I don't care xD). 

You guys really don't have a small case. It would be sweet though. I'm a real fan of NZXT (call me a fanboy, I don't care xD). 

We used to have smaller cases, when the company was started. The smallest case that we have out now is the Vulcan... But I have stated before that we are looking at the marketplace of PC right now. 

Nice sweater @mightytech ;)

Thanks for the review, the case looks excellent but I'm unsure if it will fit my custom loop. @NZXT-Eric would you happen to know anything about the radiator support? I've looked at it on the website and it says in theory it should fit my triple 120 in the front, and my dual 140 for the top, yet I don't know how the tubing would hold out (will the runs be really, really tight or is there enough room for it, etc). The matte black edition would look great with my Red colour scheme and if it could house such a cooling loop I'd love to get my hands on one.

//ccap

Nice sweater @mightytech ;)

Thanks for the review, the case looks excellent but I'm unsure if it will fit my custom loop. @NZXT-Eric would you happen to know anything about the radiator support? I've looked at it on the website and it says in theory it should fit my triple 120 in the front, and my dual 140 for the top, yet I don't know how the tubing would hold out (will the runs be really, really tight or is there enough room for it, etc). The matte black edition would look great with my Red colour scheme and if it could house such a cooling loop I'd love to get my hands on one.

Thanks  ;)

There should be enough room for both of those. I'm putting 2 360 Rads..tubing should be fine. Keyword is should.

I must have this! it so amazing!

Arch it's so nice! I want mine but still haven't got a shipping date for the UK... on order though with some nice other bits.

Really wish this would hurry up to the UK I have been waiting since the 3rd Febuary  :((((

CPU : 4670k MOBO : MSI Z87 G45  RAM : 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz Graphics : MSI GTX660 OC Twin Frozr (Unfortunately) PSU :Corsair CX600M Storage : Crucial mx100 256GB, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm  OS : Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit 

Thanks  ;)

There should be enough room for both of those. I'm putting 2 360 Rads..tubing should be fine. Keyword is should.

Warning! if you go to bill owen(the guy from mnpctech) channel he does a unboxing of this case and it doesn't look like dual 360 rads are possible.

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Yeah i recently found this out

Good. Better to find out now than have already spent the money.

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.