PC turning on but not displaying

Speedy20032000

My media pc was what I is use for my vr headset was a custom pc from a Game Dev company and I upgraded the graphics card. I had stopped using this pc for about 6 months, now with all this extra time on my hands, I wanted to get back into vr. I booted up this pc and both the hard drive and ssd were fried, which was weird (pc us unplugged for 6 months). But I replaced the hard drive, and reinstalled the os log in and everything worked fine. I then changed the boot order of my devices and restarted my computer. The computer then would not output a display signal. I checked the cable and monitor, and they both work fine. I checked the Graphics card and it is fine. I also checked my ram as well. I then cleared the cmos, and tried to update the bios but the led light would not flash according to what the manuel told me. I then got a VGA LED light on my motherboard, I looked through my mobo manuel and found little about it. I know the graphics card works and that there is no onboard graphics. Could this be a problem with my PCI Port? I am out of ideas and any help would be great thanks.

PC Specs

• Asus Sabertooth x79
  • i7-3770
  • EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SSC
  • 32GB Corsair Vengeance ddr3 1600MHz 
  • Corsair HX850W
  • 1.5tb Seagate Barracuda

OS

Windows 10 64bit

26 minutes ago, Speedy20032000 said:

hard drive and ssd were fried

How you get to this conclusion? But if this happens than it’s possible that pcie slot get fried somehow as well

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

Yeah, that's very strange that ALL the drives were fried. Were you able to test them on another computer?

It's too bad that board doesn't have any video connections, that would have been helpful.  But it looks to me like you have a bad GPU or motherboard and at this point I'm leaning towards motherboard.

Also for the flashback to work, the USB drive needs to be in FAT32 format and the BIOS file needs to have a certain filename like SABERX79.ROM (or something like that).  You'll want to check the manual on that one.  Have you tried just clearing the CMOS and seeing if that does the trick?

PC: Ryzen 5-3600 / MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus / 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600 / MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3x / Phanteks P400S / Gigabyte G34WQC 34" Curved Ultrawide

Laptop: Lenovo X230 / OS X 10.15 Hackintosh (OpenCore)

F@H ID: Paroxy777

1 hour ago, Speedy20032000 said:
  • Asus Sabertooth x79
  • i7-3770

I didn’t noticed this before but one of them is incorrect which one??? 

i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

WHIRO

1 hour ago, Whiro said:

How you get to this conclusion? But if this happens than it’s possible that pcie slot get fried somehow as well

1 hour ago, Paroxy said:

Yeah, that's very strange that ALL the drives were fried. Were you able to test them on another computer?

It's too bad that board doesn't have any video connections, that would have been helpful.  But it looks to me like you have a bad GPU or motherboard and at this point I'm leaning towards motherboard.

Also for the flashback to work, the USB drive needs to be in FAT32 format and the BIOS file needs to have a certain filename like SABERX79.ROM (or something like that).  You'll want to check the manual on that one.  Have you tried just clearing the CMOS and seeing if that does the trick?

I tested them out on another computer, and could not get them to show up (hard drive did not even start spinning).

I formatted with the FAT32 format and used the latest bios for my mobo, but it wasn't a rom but a CAP file, the manual said it's a rom but asus gave me a Cap file the link is bellow if you want to take a look.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/SABERTOOTH_X79/HelpDesk_BIOS/

I have also tried clearing the cmos

1 hour ago, Whiro said:

I didn’t noticed this before but one of them is incorrect which one??? 

I apologize for the typo, it is a i7-3970X extreme edition

5 minutes ago, Speedy20032000 said:

I apologize for the typo, it is a i7-3970X extreme edition

No worries mistakes happens.

Did you tried card in different pcie slot?

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

WHIRO

1 hour ago, Whiro said:

No worries mistakes happens.

Did you tried card in different pcie slot?

I can't fit it into another slot the cooler is to big. The second pci has this pci1 slot next to it that prevents any graphics cards I have to go into it.Capture.PNG.d0a5ba40ea72638da5eadf6d9720c88f.PNG

3 minutes ago, Speedy20032000 said:

I can't fit it into another slot the cooler is to big.

You mean cpu cooler? 
As far as I can tell this board have 3 pcie slots, if top one is obstructed by cooler and probably you have it in the middle one, you can always try bottom one

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

WHIRO

The top one is the one I have the gpu in rn, the cooler on the gpu wont let me put it into the second, as the little PCI1 thing below it wont let me put my gpu in and the third one I'll have to remove my mobo to access but I can try tomorrow.

13 hours ago, Speedy20032000 said:

I tested them out on another computer, and could not get them to show up (hard drive did not even start spinning).

I formatted with the FAT32 format and used the latest bios for my mobo, but it wasn't a rom but a CAP file, the manual said it's a rom but asus gave me a Cap file the link is bellow if you want to take a look.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/SABERTOOTH_X79/HelpDesk_BIOS/

I have also tried clearing the cmos

Page 3-41 in your manual says: "2. Insert the motherboard support DVD to the optical drive, or the USB flash drive containing the BIOS file to the USB port."

It doesn't specify if it needs to be a certain filename, but in the screenshots it has "SABERX79.ROM".  I would put 2 copies of that CAP file on the drive, one with the original .CAP filename and one as SABERX79.ROM.  It will use whichever one it likes.

PC: Ryzen 5-3600 / MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus / 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600 / MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3x / Phanteks P400S / Gigabyte G34WQC 34" Curved Ultrawide

Laptop: Lenovo X230 / OS X 10.15 Hackintosh (OpenCore)

F@H ID: Paroxy777