Laser Engraver

GrimOfDoom
Go to solution Solved by ColinLTT,

Having a Ruida controller is a big plus, those work natively with Lightburn. Looks like a decent laser. 

Anyone have any suggestions for a laser engraver for under $1,500. It would be nice to customize my PC and desktop area with laser engraved parts, and other projects. "it would be nice" needs would be a large enough surface area and can engrave some stone (like concrete or marble).

I have little experience in laser engravers, beyond spending a school year unsuccessfully getting an old and not working laser engraver working and random online research. I would assume I would need some laser engraver with CO2, water cooling and air compressor to keep lens clear of debris.

I would highly recommend a K40 style laser for this sort of thing. DEFINITELY replace the control board with a Cohesion3D laserboard, which will unlock a lot of nice features for you, the best of which is compatibility with Lightburn, the laser software I love and use every day in my own shop. Another option in your price range would be the Emblaser, but I don't have any first hand experience with it myself 

K40's are way too small (Albeit most the stuff about K40's applies to other chinese laser engravers. I have already been yelled at in another forum that wasn't very friendly to newbs, for not saying that). I did find this one on Ebay, but not 100% sure on it yet.

Thank you for the positive rapport. Ebay is always a sticky place in trying to weed out any good products, specially when my experience with these Chinese laser engravers.