Advance Option for H265 Encoding on Handbrake

Hey guys, so I've been doing H264 encoding for a few days now. But I want to do H265 from now. 

My sources are usually Remux or very large sized BluRays. So I tried to do a H265 cpu encode (Remux source) using Very Slow preset, RF 22 & 2 Pass. So 1st pass went good, average 30 FPS. 2nd pass was terrible. Average 2 FPS.
I guess the problem was with the Advance Option.

You see when I do H264 encode I use this [trellis=0:me=umh:analyse=all:deblock=-3,-3:mbtree=0:psy-rd=1.0,0.00::aq-mode=3:aq-strength=1.0:ref=8388608/(resolution)] preset in advance option. It boosts my encode speed a lot. Without this I get only 10 FPS on Placebo H264 & with it I get around 30 FPS.

So I'm looking for an advance option like that for H265, 2 Pass, Slow/Slower/Very Slow Preset. I'll be making 1080p BluRays.

My RIG incase if you need:
Cpu- Ryzen 7 3700X
Ram- G.Skill TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz
GPU- AMD RX 5700 XT
SSD- Samsung NVMe 970 EVO Plus

Screenshot (286).png

5 minutes ago, ACiNYX said:

I guess the problem was with the Advance Option.

HEVC is very slow to encode, there is no magic option that'd make it fast.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

13 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

HEVC is very slow to encode, there is no magic option that'd make it fast.

I've seen people releasing HEVC one after another. After talking with them they didn't say anything about how they do it. They only said keep discovering & try yourself. But they said they mess with the CRF which reduces the HEVC encode time a lot. Also they do not have to use 2 pass. Do you know anything about it?

1 minute ago, ACiNYX said:

they said they mess with the CRF which reduces the HEVC encode time a lot. Also they do not have to use 2 pass.

Obviously, the lower the quality of the output, the faster the encoding-process will be. Use a higher CRF, you'll get worse picture but faster encoding. Also, you can't use 2-pass with CRF anyways, so that bit doesn't make much sense.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

3 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Obviously, the lower the quality of the output, the faster the encoding-process will be. Use a higher CRF, you'll get worse picture but faster encoding. Also, you can't use 2-pass with CRF anyways, so that bit doesn't make much sense.

oh now I understand. um can you tell me which CRF value will be suitable for faster encodes & also not that bad quality?  I mean I want to finish the encode within 3-4 hours & I want to get the best out of it. Also which encoding preset should I use?

Screenshot (288).png

5 minutes ago, ACiNYX said:

oh now I understand. um can you tell me which CRF value will be suitable for faster encodes & also not that bad quality?  I mean I want to finish the encode within 3-4 hours & I want to get the best out of it. Also which encoding preset should I use?

I can't tell you what quality-settings will be acceptable to you, it's too much of a personal taste-thing. Also, I don't have a 3700X, so I can't tell what settings will take how long.

You'll just have to try for yourself what gets you an acceptable quality at an acceptable speed -- if possible at all. Find e.g. a 15min video-clip, set CRF at 25 and keep tuning the encoder preset until you're happy.

13 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

I can't tell you what quality-settings will be acceptable to you, it's too much of a personal taste-thing. Also, I don't have a 3700X, so I can't tell what settings will take how long.

You'll just have to try for yourself what gets you an acceptable quality at an acceptable speed -- if possible at all. Find e.g. a 15min video-clip, set CRF at 25 and keep tuning the encoder preset until you're happy.

Thats a good idea. I'll try it out. Thank you. 

8 minutes ago, ACiNYX said:

Thats a good idea. I'll try it out. Thank you. 

Since you said you'd like to target 3-4 hours per encode-session, so if you use a 15min clip at 30FPS and you keep tuning your settings so it takes 30min to encode it, you can then use those same settings from there on out to encode a 2h movie in 4 hours.