File Server Possable active director(central user login server )

Hey People of the Forum I am planing to make my first file server well this is not really my first but the first one I am building from ground up, and I am not to sure what I am gonna to need I have used old system as basic file server but now I have to re start all my computer thing but properly this time the reason being I had a house fire a year ago and lost all my computer stuff so let get to what I would like it to do 

basically I want 20tb of usable space and be able to lose a drive or 2 speed is also a big thing I want to be using it for system files as well (program data appdata user stuff like that)

1g networking.

So what am I really asking well I don't know what drives to use or a mobo CPU combo that will get the job done I done need a LTT server with 200 cores and 2000tb ram and stuff like that.

Thanks

How much speed do you want? 1gb networking is very easy to fill.

Do you havea budget?

How much do you care about noise and powerusage?

Id probably just get a older desktop or simmilar, put a few 8tb+ drives in it and then put your os of choice on it, like freenas or unraid.

7 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

How much speed do you want?

Basically I want to be able to saturate the network meaning the CPU/HDD or SSD or whatever combo needs to not be a bottleneck <unsure ri9ght now need more brain intake first

Do you havea budget?

not really 5g ish 

How much do you care about noise and powerusage?

it can sound like a jet and eat an entire power plant (I have solar power so no running cost)

Id probably just get a older desktop or simmilar, put a few 8tb+ drives in it and then put your os of choice on it, like freenas or unraid.

Na want new got bank like that 

1 minute ago, JoshuaLynes said:

Basically I want to be able to saturate the network meaning the CPU/HDD or SSD or whatever combo needs to not be a bottleneck <unsure ri9ght now need more brain intake first

not really 5g ish 

it can sound like a jet and eat an entire power plant (I have solar power so no running cost)

Na want new got bank like that 

How simple do you want it. If you want simple, get a synology or qnap or simmilar, put some drives in it and enjoy. 

If you want to go diy, build a desktop, put a lot of drives in it in stall the nas os of your choice. Do you want diy?

1 hour ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Do you want diy?

I do, this is a project some things may be unnessary like the fact that I am going rack mount  redundant power supply ext…  stuff like that  

I also want something on it like squid proxy I live in an area where internet is slow 5mb at best 

and like they have in schools, and they have all the users on a server  an any computer can log in to a user account I am not planing to that for a bit but I want it to be capable of doing so

7 hours ago, JoshuaLynes said:

I do, this is a project some things may be unnessary like the fact that I am going rack mount  redundant power supply ext…  stuff like that  

I also want something on it like squid proxy I live in an area where internet is slow 5mb at best 

and like they have in schools, and they have all the users on a server  an any computer can log in to a user account I am not planing to that for a bit but I want it to be capable of doing so

So you want a full server then. 

Id get a used rack mount server. Depending on how much you want to spend, something like a dell r720 is probably a good buy. Then run a hypervisor on it like proxmox.