What is the difference between downloading chipset from CPU site or Motherboard site?

I have Ryzen 5 1600

Need to download any drivers for this?

I went to AMD site and there's this chipset option for B350 (my motherboard) https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b350

and if I go to Gigabyte there's also Chipset https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-AB350M-D3H-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver-chipset

Also another question : After installing windows which drivers should I install? GPU,Bios is latest version..., CPU chipset?, what about all the other options in the MOBO site all the : Realtek Audio and LAN drivers and utilities?

The one on amd's website will always be the latest version.   

Well, for some drivers (video card drivers for example), the first result will usually be the "stable" (whql certified sometimes) version which may not be the absolute latest, but you'll see under the first result a link to the latest "beta" or "patched" version which would be absolute latest driver.

The one on manufacturer's website may be outdated or may be bigger because it's a bundle ... asrock for example likes to bundle the integrated graphics drivers with the chipset drivers, making it a 500MB+ download when you only need 50 MBs worth of download.

Manufacturers usually don't release customized/personalized drivers, they don't have time for that and there's too little return on investment for something like that... so what you get is the same you'd get on amd's website. At most you'd get a setup with a change logo or background image.

What can vary is the soundcard drivers ... some onboard audio chips have various features which are enabled through software licenses or whatever, and you may get special audio card drivers on the motherboard page.

Also wireless card drivers can sometimes be customized for specific motherboard, requiring those drivers on the board page.

6 minutes ago, mariushm said:

The one on amd's website will always be the latest version.   

Well, for some drivers (video card drivers for example), the first result will usually be the "stable" (whql certified sometimes) version which may not be the absolute latest, but you'll see under the first result a link to the latest "beta" or "patched" version which would be absolute latest driver.

The one on manufacturer's website may be outdated or may be bigger because it's a bundle ... asrock for example likes to bundle the integrated graphics drivers with the chipset drivers, making it a 500MB+ download when you only need 50 MBs worth of download.

Manufacturers usually don't release customized/personalized drivers, they don't have time for that and there's too little return on investment for something like that... so what you get is the same you'd get on amd's website. At most you'd get a setup with a change logo or background image.

What can vary is the soundcard drivers ... some onboard audio chips have various features which are enabled through software licenses or whatever, and you may get special audio card drivers on the motherboard page.

Also wireless card drivers can sometimes be customized for specific motherboard, requiring those drivers on the board page.

so in conclusion I need to get the chipset for the ryzen from the AMD site, and no need to install anything from MOBO site right? and is there such a thing as CPU drivers?

Yeah get the chipset drivers from AMD.

You may want to get the audio drivers from gigabyte website ... see audio section of the downloads.

There's a realtek network card driver there but it may be only for older versions of windows 10, windows 10 may have a good one integrated.

Other things... may want to check what bios version you have, it looks like there's 16 bios updates. In the case of bios updates, the latest is not necessarily the best, and some newer bios updates may remove support for very old processor series (like socket ma4 processors before ryzen)

With your Ryzen 1600, you're safe to update to the latest version. BUT, you'd have to update first to version F31, then update one at a time until you get to the last (F40, F41, F42d, F50)

1 hour ago, mariushm said:

Yeah get the chipset drivers from AMD.

You may want to get the audio drivers from gigabyte website ... see audio section of the downloads.

There's a realtek network card driver there but it may be only for older versions of windows 10, windows 10 may have a good one integrated.

Other things... may want to check what bios version you have, it looks like there's 16 bios updates. In the case of bios updates, the latest is not necessarily the best, and some newer bios updates may remove support for very old processor series (like socket ma4 processors before ryzen)

With your Ryzen 1600, you're safe to update to the latest version. BUT, you'd have to update first to version F31, then update one at a time until you get to the last (F40, F41, F42d, F50)

Should I update from F31 and than F40 and than F50a, OR F31,F40,F41,F42d,F50,F50a ? Cuz they said there F40 or later, does it mean I really need to download F41 and F42d or F40 is enough?

4 minutes ago, Mark30031 said:

Should I update from F31 and than F40 and than F50a, OR F31,F40,F41,F42d,F50,F50a ? Cuz they said there F40 or later, does it mean I really need to download F41 and F42d or F40 is enough?

Determine your current bios version first, you may not have to update.

If it's older than F31, definitely update to F31 first like it says in the notes. After that... I suppose you could do bigger jumps if the wording is such, but I personally prefer it to do it one version at a time. It doesn't take more than a minute to do the update and you can put multiple bioses on the usb stick and update, reboot, repeat ...