cannot update BIOS (B450 gaming plus motherboard)

Hi, 

Got an MSi B450 gaming plus motherboard. Trying to update the BIOS, recognizes USB, but says "file does not exist". Have tried different USB's and different ports. Any suggetions?

Did you just copy the .ZIP file onto a USB or did you extract the folder/files and put those on the USB?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

15 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Did you just copy the .ZIP file onto a USB or did you extract the folder/files and put those on the USB?

I extracted the zip file onto my USB

12 minutes ago, kasdashd said:

I extracted the zip file onto my USB

I tried to lookup how to do a bios from USB and I found the following.  It is for a Tomahawk motherboard but I imagine the process has to be similar.  Hopefully it helps:

Hello,
This mobo has Flashback+, so a CPU is not required to update bios. To use it do that:
- Download >>Bios V1.82<<.
- Extract then copy the file "E7C02AMS.182" on the empty root of the USB pen (no more than 16GB and FAT32 (not FAT) partition).
- Rename "E7C02AMS.182" to "MSI.ROM".
- Power off.
- Plug the pen in the Flashback+ port on the back panel:
index.php?action=dlattach;topic=320766.0
- Power on and wait 5s.
- Press the Flash Bios button on the back panel (see upper figure).
   Does the Flash Bios LED (+ USB pen light if there is) flash (you could have to wait around 2mn)?
     . If definitvely not, try with another USB pen because Flashback+ seems to not recognize some model (I don't know why).
     . If yes, be patient because load process can run up to 10mn.
- If Flashback+ has goodly ended, power off PSU, unplug the power cord and wait 10s after all mobo's leds light off.
To finish, one remark: if you do not use a Ryzen 3000, load rather >>Bios V1.50<< (E7C02AMS.150). V1.70 and 1.82 are buggy for current CPUs and AMD (not MSI) refuses any downgrade from them (fortunately a tool permit to do that).
Have a good day,

I found it on this support thread:https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=320766.0

all credit should go to the OP rbleroy91

Sorry for the trouble. Downloaded the wrong bios update. Forgot i had a b450m and not a b450. Thanks for the help.