Psu

Savagemidget

I need to know if I can add a 6-8 pin power connector to my 500w atx psu... pls tell me

You can get Sata to 6/8-pin adapters but those can be problematic. What are you planning to plug that into?

Brand? Make? Model? etc.

500 watt PSU tells us nothing BUT in 99% of cases if you don't have the required connectors you can't just add them on.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

8 minutes ago, OrionFOTL said:

Depends on what PSU you have, which we don't know :)

11 minutes ago, Mr. PC said:

You can get Sata to 6/8-pin adapters but those can be problematic. What are you planning to plug that into?

11 minutes ago, Mr. PC said:

An rx 570.

An RX570 is a graphics card, not a PSU. Whether you can add something to your PSU depends on the PSU.

Just now, Savagemidget said:

An rx 570.

Lol sorry just meant to reply to bottom one

13 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Brand? Make? Model? etc.

500 watt PSU tells us nothing BUT in 99% of cases if you don't have the required connectors you can't just add them on.

Yeah sorry here it is https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/22031289118?iid=324048810086

2 minutes ago, Savagemidget said:

An rx 570.

That could get close in terms of adapters and how much power they can deliver. Are you upgrading with a 570? Do you already have it? If you don't how about a gtx 1650 then you don't need a new psu

Just now, OrionFOTL said:

An RX570 is a graphics card, not a PSU.

Yh ik I’m plugging the psu cable into the rx 570 which requires a 6 pin power connector.

Just now, Mr. PC said:

That could get close in terms of adapters and how much power they can deliver. Are you upgrading with a 570? Do you already have it? If you don't how about a gtx 1650 then you don't need a new psu

But I thought a gtx 1650 requires a 6 pin power connector as well because my current psu only has a 4 pin

Just now, Savagemidget said:

But I thought a gtx 1650 requires a 6 pin power connector as well because my current psu only has a 4 pin

Some 1650s do need another connectors, but most 1650s only use 75w so they don't need any connecters

3 minutes ago, Savagemidget said:

Lol sorry just meant to reply to bottom one

Yeah sorry here it is https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/22031289118?iid=324048810086

I honestly would get a quality PSU before putting any sort of system together based on that disaster that will likely kill everything when it goes.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

4 minutes ago, Mr. PC said:

Some 1650s do need another connectors, but most 1650s only use 75w so they don't need any connecters

Thank you , now I have changed my mind and am going to get a 1650 mini as you get around the same frames in games which is what I will be using it for and then I also don’t have to buy a new psu or anything.

10 minutes ago, Savagemidget said:

You should buy a new power supply. That thing looks like junk.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 hours ago, Mr. PC said:

the lack of connectors is the least of the issue with the PSU. as such he really shouldnt be connecting anything more than a basic APU system to it. 

2 hours ago, Savagemidget said:

Thank you , now I have changed my mind and am going to get a 1650 mini as you get around the same frames in games which is what I will be using it for and then I also don’t have to buy a new psu or anything.

you should get a new PSU regardless. considering it lacks 6+2 pin connectors, and its a cheap group regulated unit with very questionable claims. 

and if you have enough to pick up a 1650, then you likely have enough to pick up an rx 570 and a decent powersupply. 

PCPartPicker Part List

Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 570 8 GB Video Card  (£124.99 @ AWD-IT) 
Power Supply: be quiet! System Power 9 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (£52.99 @ CCL Computers) 
Total: £177.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-05 17:40 BST+0100

getting something like this, or picking up a used rx 570 for less. 

4 hours ago, Spotty said:

You should buy a new power supply. That thing looks like junk.

Agree.

That is a HORRIBLE power supply. 

You don't add smth that isn't there in the first place. Because if it isn't there it shouldn't. Get a new power supply. But speaking of 6\8-pin EPS you most likely don't need it if your motherboard boots-up without it, unless you plan to OC your CPU under liquid nitrogen at least.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply