Rx580 8gb Slow Base Clock/Won't OC!

Cbanter

Hey guys, I need help pretty badly. 

I picked up a secondhand XFX RX580 8GB gts black edition that should have a base clock of 1257mhz. Well, gpuz is showing its default is 1130mhz. Also, I cannot OC in afterburner or the stock software at all. I go to apply and it just goes right back. 

What the heck is going on!? Never had this problem with any Nvidia GPUs. 

Things I've tried - Flipping the bios switch, disabling fast boot, checking all the boxes I can think apply in Afterburner (there is one I can't change under AMD options and it says to the right "disabled"), uninstaling the driver and reinstalling it, etc... Nothing seems to work and I'm very confused! The bios appears to be stock, looking at the bios I.d. under gpuz and referencing a techspot bios download for the card. 

What is going on here!!? How can I fix this? Do I need to reflash the Gpu? Thanks. 

4 minutes ago, Cbanter said:

What the heck is going on!? Never had this problem with any Nvidia GPUs. 

Try reflash it anyway? You can't say it's the same bios unless the MD5/SHA1 hash is the same. 

You can export your BIOS and use BIOS editor to check the stock clock. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

9 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Try reflash it anyway? You can't say it's the same bios unless the MD5/SHA1 hash is the same. 

You can export your BIOS and use BIOS editor to check the stock clock. 

That's a bit foreign to me but I'll look more into it. Thanks. 

6 minutes ago, Cbanter said:

That's a bit foreign to me but I'll look more into it. Thanks. 

I think you can check your BIOS clock speed in GPU-Z Advanced tab. If it show 1130mhz then you probably on mining BIOS, if it show the same as box spec, probably not BIOS related. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Well... I was easily able to properly reflash the correct bios. It restarted and was fine. Finally showed the default clock as 1405 but the current clock was 1130. I decided to unistall the Radeon software and then restarted. It now will not go past the dell loading screen. Goes past the dell screen to a black screen then will not go any further, no matter the port used or bios position in the card... Super annoying!

The seller is nice enough to exchange it for another that he has. I just hate to be defeated!