New to iPhone, need help (Google Photos, Gallery, Backup)

Tronnic

Hello everyone, I'm "new" to iPhone (had a 3GS back then, but Android since). I'm very deep into the google eco-system, Google Drive backs up my whole life, Google Photos (unlimited storage) has every photo saved I ever took digitally in my entire life. Now that I use an iPhone, Google Photos iPhone App is spamming my Google-Photo Gallery with everything. I was able to disable WhatsApp, but still every image I save on my phone, every scanned document, everything I feel is worth saving, lands automatically in my google photos gallery. There is no way to select any folders. It just syncs everything. On the android app I had the option to select the Albums/Folders that should be synced, on iPhone it has nothing like that. Is there any solution to my problem? Thank you so much.

Generally everything feels much more complicated. I thought apple was supposed to be "just working" and "easy" but apparently that's not how I feel (yet). Maybe I need to get used to it 馃檪

Best regards,

Tronnic.

Intel Core i7 7700k聽| Asus GTX 1080 ti Strix | Asus ROG Strix Z270F聽| 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200 | 650W EVGA Supernova Plat聽| Corsair Crystal 460X |聽4TB WD-B

Acer Predator X34P | Acer CB241HY聽| Logitech G513聽| Logitech G903 & Powerplay聽| MMX300 Headpohnes | FiiO DAC-E10 | 250GB Samsung 960 Evo M.2

My System on imgur

1 hour ago, Tronnic said:

Hello everyone, I'm "new" to iPhone (had a 3GS back then, but Android since). I'm very deep into the google eco-system, Google Drive backs up my whole life, Google Photos (unlimited storage) has every photo saved I ever took digitally in my entire life. Now that I use an iPhone, Google Photos iPhone App is spamming my Google-Photo Gallery with everything. I was able to disable WhatsApp, but still every image I save on my phone, every scanned document, everything I feel is worth saving, lands automatically in my google photos gallery. There is no way to select any folders. It just syncs everything. On the android app I had the option to select the Albums/Folders that should be synced, on iPhone it has nothing like that. Is there any solution to my problem? Thank you so much.

Generally everything feels much more complicated. I thought apple was supposed to be "just working" and "easy" but apparently that's not how I feel (yet). Maybe I need to get used to it 馃檪

Best regards,

Tronnic.

Not finding anything in Google Photos' settings.

And to be fair, the issue here likely isn't Apple, it's Google.聽 The app has access to Photos, so that means you should get to specify which albums you back up. Admittedly聽"oh no, I have backups of more than I wanted" isn't the worst problem to have, but you'd hope Google would do better.