Building a list: Top notch or best OEM CPU cooling solutions *stock systems only* (opinions wanted)

Let's keep this pretty simple. Just list what you think is the most (or one of the most) effective / efficient CPU cooling systems that you have come across to date. In other words, something that stands out from the crowd. And don't just list your answer.... Please tell us why.

The point here is to collect some data on the most effective methods of CPU cooling from an OEM standpoint. No home brew rigs, sorry. Must be OEM stock air or water cooling, nothing aftermarket - I'm talking bone stock here.

Please list air / water on your submission. I'd urge you to include a picture or two. 

This list (or information from the list) may be used to potentially generate my next computer build / project / upgrade. I just want to see what's out there, test the waters and get some feedback from the pros. 

In my case, and in my opinion, I have to say that the HP Z820 has the most spectacular CPU cooling system I've ever laid eyes on in a stock rig. Make that any rig, any time with any cooling system; I've never seen anything like it. This is a dual socket motherboard that is currently running two Ivy Bridge Xeons - E5 2696 v2 12 core CPUs that can push almost 120 watts each when loaded up. The cooling system stands out for a number for reasons. Firstly, it's liquid cooled from the factory, so each CPU gets it's own dedicated 120 mm radiator and pump. All self contained and super easy for installation. Bolt it down and plug in the pump, and you are good to go. I can load up all 24 cores for about a minute before the fans even kick to 20-30 %. And the fans rarely go above this threshold, even when running benchmarks like CB 20 or CB 15 Extreme. And it also has active cooling for the RAM, all 16 slots included. Gaming is the same story, and I've yet to see the cooler fans kick in at all. Granted, I haven't tested with anything other than Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4. In those cases, the highest peak temp was 156* and the average was about 150* across both processors (sorry guys, I use Fahrenheit in reference to CPU cooling.)

So in Celsius that would be a peak temp of 67*C and an average of about 65*C....

Well here, just take a look for yourself. 

temps.png

Here is the business end of the CPU cooler ( it's flipped upside down, and the two 80mm fans you see here sit in front of each liquid cooler, respectively) ( the small blower fans are active cooling for the ram slots)

642166-002-72512-1552417352-1280-1280-89

Here is a picture looking at it from slightly above. Disassembly? Not here. The CPU cooler simply pulls out from above, if you can believe that. Matter of fact the entire PC is tool-less. 

719a2gto-Zd-L-AC-SX425.jpg

Here is a picture with the CPU cooler in place and ready for use. 

P-20200319-141308.jpg

Here is a pretty good video that gives you a really good look at this cooling system:

If you noticed this CPU cooling shroud forms an entire channel for air flow from front to back in the case. There are two 80mm fans in the back of the case that create a vacuum effect towards the front of the case.  What I'm trying to say, essentially, is that you have a very effective cooling solution with built in redundancy. For example. You can actually lose both 80mm CPU fans (heaven forbid) and the system will continue to operate normally. Yes, if you can believe it, I can run CB 20 with both CPU fans disabled. The test run didn't go above 170*F or 75*C)

And I actually used the PC for a couple days like this just to test it and monitor temps. I could never get into the red. Amazing. If thunderstruck is actually a real word, that was my impression when I lifted the hood on my own Z820. 

Hardware and Overclocking Enthusiast

Mine would be the Dell XPS 730 H2C ceramic liquid cooler. I don't have performance numbers on hand (10 year old system), but it was exceptional in that it incorporated thermal electric coolers and liquid cooled both the chipset and the CPU. 

Mind the watermark, but here's a good idea as to what it looked like: (The leftmost radiator is just a simple rad, but the middle one is where 4 TECs lie.)

N946K-03.JPG

CPU: I9-7900X RAM: 64GB (16X4) DDR4-2933 GPU: RTX 3080 MOBO: ASUS X299 Deluxe PSU: Corsair RM850 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB Case: Corsair iCUE 465X Cooler: Corsair 280 AIO

6 minutes ago, Opencircuit74 said:

Mine would be the Dell XPS 730 H2C ceramic liquid cooler. I don't have performance numbers on hand (10 year old system), but it was exceptional in that it incorporated thermal electric coolers and liquid cooled both the chipset and the CPU. 

Mind the watermark, but here's a good idea as to what it looked like: (The leftmost radiator is just a simple rad, but the middle one is where 4 TECs lie.)

Thanks brother! This one will definitely be going on my short list.

Hardware and Overclocking Enthusiast