Update hardware "new build"

Yo everybody.

I built my pc in 2015 and the setup is the following:

CPU: i5 4690k w/ CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO

MB: Asus Sabertooth z97 mk2

RAM: 2x 8gb 1600mhz DDR3

GPU: Asus Strix GTX980 4GB DDR5

I think this is the most important, my MB / RAM (ddr3) is outdated i guess.

I pretty much only use PC for gaming, the game is play the most is CS:GO/ GTA V ,although i stopped playing new games because i fear the pc is not going to run smooth.

So, can you guys advice me in which hardware I should switch? If so which models you recommend.

Thank you for your time ,

Thanks in advance.

Wilson.

25 minutes ago, WilsonPereira98 said:

Yo everybody.

I built my pc in 2015 and the setup is the following:

CPU: i5 4690k w/ CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO

MB: Asus Sabertooth z97 mk2

RAM: 2x 8gb 1600mhz DDR3

GPU: Asus Strix GTX980 4GB DDR5

I think this is the most important, my MB / RAM (ddr3) is outdated i guess.

I pretty much only use PC for gaming, the game is play the most is CS:GO/ GTA V ,although i stopped playing new games because i fear the pc is not going to run smooth.

So, can you guys advice me in which hardware I should switch? If so which models you recommend.

Thank you for your time ,

Thanks in advance.

Wilson.

Hold off on upgrading CPU till DDR5 releases. That way you'll skip a generation. Shouldn't be more than a year or so.

You didn't mention what you had storage wise, so I would recommend getting an NVME SSD. You can get 1TB drives for less than $100.

If you want, you could upgrade your GPU to a used 1080 or something for less than 300 dollars. A 1080ti could be had for around $430. 

Case: InWin 303 Motherboard: Asus TUF X570-Plus Processor: Ryzen R9-3900x GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ram: 32 GB DDR4 3000 MHZ

PSU: Corsair CX750M Storage: 1TB Intel 660p NVME SSD and a 2TB Seagate 7200RPM HDD Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 HeadphonesSteelseries Arctis 7 Audio: Shure PGA58 with a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen

11 hours ago, jtmoseley said:

Hold off on upgrading CPU till DDR5 releases. That way you'll skip a generation. Shouldn't be more than a year or so.

You didn't mention what you had storage wise, so I would recommend getting an NVME SSD. You can get 1TB drives for less than $100.

If you want, you could upgrade your GPU to a used 1080 or something for less than 300 dollars. A 1080ti could be had for around $430. 

I got an Corsair Ssd force LS240gb + WD Blue 1Tb 64mb + 320gb Green 32mb.. i dont even use 40% of my space 😅 ... Is ssd still good?

If I am buying its going to be new, is it also "good" in today standards? 

Thanks for help.

12 hours ago, NZgamer said:

What country are you in and what is your budget?

I am from portugal. My budget is give or take 600$ can do more if its really worthy .

11 hours ago, jtmoseley said:

Also. Even if ddr5 comes this year its going to be expensive because there will be low variety, and now coronavirus is just going to make it worse / delay it even more

The gtx980 is not "good enough" to run most games? That budget i had only in mind( cpu,mobo, ram) 🤫😬