DisplayPort cable w/ monitors Weird behaviour

Lead00

So recently i assembled and am using a new computer, using my two old 144hz monitors alongside it. Due to the graphics card i bought not having VGA output, i had to get a DisplayPort/HDMI capable of 144hz. And so i went out and bought a 144hz DisplayPort cable from Mission SG. It worked perfectly until today, when my computer started acting weird, slowing down mouse movement and other processes on the computer until it completely froze and stopped displaying anything on the monitors, at which point i restarted the computer. However when restarting the pc, the monitor connected with my new cable, or any DisplayPort cable for that matter, wont display anything, exept for "no source found", However still works when connecting with HDMI. my other monitor works fine with this cable, also at 144hz. ever since this happened my computer has also been getting random 0.5 second blackscreens for no apparent reason. I am beyond confused at this point, wondering why one monitor works fine with all the different cables i've tried, and one only has problems with DisplayPort specifically. It's been working fine for several weeks up to this point. pls help

well first try a different cable since that is the cheapest and easiest fix.

If that does not work try taking our your gpu and running (if you can) on your on board graphics.

Re seat you gpu might but not be fully seated in the PCI slot.

Still issues? Run DDU.

Still? might be a problem with the GPU, if you have a friend who can lend you a spare try that. if not return your current one for another one.

on a final not it might be nothing to do with the pc at all and could be the monitor.

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

18 minutes ago, Acid Panda said:

well first try a different cable since that is the cheapest and easiest fix.

If that does not work try taking our your gpu and running (if you can) on your on board graphics.

Re seat you gpu might but not be fully seated in the PCI slot.

Still issues? Run DDU.

Still? might be a problem with the GPU, if you have a friend who can lend you a spare try that. if not return your current one for another one.

on a final not it might be nothing to do with the pc at all and could be the monitor.

Well, any other DisplayPort doesn't work for the mentioned monitor, though HDMI works perfectly, i am even using said monitor right now, though ofcourse connected through HDMI instead of DisplayPort. As for the graphics card, i tried the cable with my old pc, and it still didn't display anything so i think im safe there. all this is making me think that the actual DisplayPort Port on my Monitor might be damaged, as it displays HDMI perfectly, and the cable works fine with any other monitor. honestly im slumped here. i guess i will try running DDU, though im unsure it will work.