Inaccurate BIOS CPU temperature reading

I have an Asrock B450m HDV and a Ryzen 5 1600x, the hardware monitor tab in the bios says my CPU is idling at 60° but third party apps in windows such as coretemp tell me that it's idling at 30°. Which is correct?

33 minutes ago, tahmid133712 said:

I have an Asrock B450m HDV and a Ryzen 5 1600x, the hardware monitor tab in the bios says my CPU is idling at 60° but third party apps in windows such as coretemp tell me that it's idling at 30°. Which is correct?

I believe Asrock boards use some kind of socket temp offset rather than package temp in the BIOS, so it's probably nothing to worry about.

I have noticed on most computers that the temps are generally higher while in bios than when the computer has booted and is idling. Perhaps this is because the bios reading uses different sensors, but it could also be because certain power saving features on the CPU only become active when booted into the os.

A lot of Asrock Boards report it from the socket instead of the edge temp.

It's inaccurate and should be ignored. There are other factors that cause that temp to be reported higher.

I am not too familiar with Windows but you should have a tdie reading that the CPU Reports and you should go off of it.