Upgrading Build

I have 1000$ Usd.

I currently play in 1080p and am fining staying their would like to upgrade my build for performance in that setting. my current playlist is heavy Rts games(and the new mount and blade.) that are modded. So im thinking I should upgrade my motherboard/cpu/ram. Not entirely sure thats what i should do though to change me mind if need be. my current build is ryzen 5 3600,B450 tomahawk max, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2060 6g 3x fans, 16gb corsair vengance rgb ram 3000mhz, 750w 80+gold. What upgrades can my Psu handle? I have only built mine and a friends computer so not really sure whats the best upgrades for performance. Any help thanks in advance. 

You should list the exact model of your power supply, so that we know what you're using.

Trash beauty:

CPU: Xeon X5550

GPU: RX 570 4GB (defective)

SSD: Fattydove Racing 240GB

HDD: WD Blue 320GB

Motherboard: HP Z400

Ram: 6x2GB DDR3 1066

PSU: Corsair TX650

38 minutes ago, Teamleadersons said:

I have 1000$ Usd.

I currently play in 1080p and am fining staying their would like to upgrade my build for performance in that setting. my current playlist is heavy Rts games(and the new mount and blade.) that are modded. So im thinking I should upgrade my motherboard/cpu/ram. Not entirely sure thats what i should do though to change me mind if need be. my current build is ryzen 5 3600,B450 tomahawk max, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2060 6g 3x fans, 16gb corsair vengance rgb ram 3000mhz, 750w 80+gold. What upgrades can my Psu handle? I have only built mine and a friends computer so not really sure whats the best upgrades for performance. Any help thanks in advance. 

What performance issues are you having that you want to improve?

48 minutes ago, Donut Dan said:

You should list the exact model of your power supply, so that we know what you're using.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JW7M3VX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

12 minutes ago, PyroTheWise said:

Faster turns,larger games Stellaris at 1000 stars is kinda slow. that kinda thing

2 minutes ago, Teamleadersons said:
16 minutes ago, PyroTheWise said:

Faster turns,larger games Stellaris at 1000 stars is kinda slow. that kinda thing

I am not familiar with RTS game requirements as I generally don't play them but my limited research shows they are CPU bound more than GPU.  

Have you monitored the CPU/GPU to make sure which one is bottlenecking during the slow times in your games?  It would be good to know if the CPU is maxed but the GPU is fine (or they are both limiting, or just the GPU is limiting).   

1 hour ago, PyroTheWise said:

I am not familiar with RTS game requirements as I generally don't play them but my limited research shows they are CPU bound more than GPU.  

Have you monitored the CPU/GPU to make sure which one is bottlenecking during the slow times in your games?  It would be good to know if the CPU is maxed but the GPU is fine (or they are both limiting, or just the GPU is limiting).   

Cpu is the problem,along with ram according to windows 10 task manager. 

5 hours ago, Teamleadersons said:

Cpu is the problem,along with ram according to windows 10 task manager. 

Then the answer is to change out the CPU and add more RAM.  I do know you can run a Ryzen 7 3700x with the motherboard you are using but will that be enough of an upgrade?  I cannot say.

Hopefully others on LTT will have more knowledge as to the best upgrade you can do.