Cant format my computer - microsoft error

Go to solution Solved by T0MMEN,

I ended up using windows media creation tool. Turned out i had to load defaults in bios to get it working. No idea what setting prevented me from doing it before

When i enter my cdkey i get the error "Windows cannot find the microsoft software license term" 

Ive tried to skip this option, but that doesnt work either. No im not running a vm, im trying to do a fresh install with a usb boot drive, just created the bootdrive with windows media creation tool. Do you guys have any tips?

i9-9900k 5.0ghz, 16gb Corsair 3600mhz, Asrock phantom itx z390 Mobo, RTX 3060ti, 1TB+1TB Western digital NVME, InWin A1, Noctua NH-U12S

Use your phone (android/ios device) to access the Windows 10 download page. Because you are using a mobile device, it will let you straight up download the ISO of Windows 10 instead of going through the terrible Media Creation Tool that frankly should die in a fire from all the issues people are having it with.

With the ISO in hand, transfer it to a PC. Use RUFUS (leaving every options on default after selecting the ISO should be fine on modern PCs, might need to change the Target/Partition for older ones) to create a bootable USB drive of Win10.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

27 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Use your phone (android/ios device) to access the Windows 10 download page. Because you are using a mobile device, it will let you straight up download the ISO of Windows 10 instead of going through the terrible Media Creation Tool that frankly should die in a fire from all the issues people are having it with.

With the ISO in hand, transfer it to a PC. Use RUFUS (leaving every options on default after selecting the ISO should be fine on modern PCs, might need to change the Target/Partition for older ones) to create a bootable USB drive of Win10.

Thanks, ill give it a shot!

i9-9900k 5.0ghz, 16gb Corsair 3600mhz, Asrock phantom itx z390 Mobo, RTX 3060ti, 1TB+1TB Western digital NVME, InWin A1, Noctua NH-U12S

2 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Thats easier said than done, to transfer downloaded files from iphone to pc... Seems a bit impossible... :/

Now i get the error : "Windows cant install the required files"

I ended up using windows media creation tool. Turned out i had to load defaults in bios to get it working. No idea what setting prevented me from doing it before