18+% packet loss

spartaman64

I reseted the modem 3 times and the router 2 times. Im using ethernet for my desktop. I tried connecting my computer directly to the modem. The packet loss occurs both on my desktop and phone.

image.png.018fcc49a3caf90fe24dbe9832352fad.png

If you are having the problem on multiple devices when connected directly to the modem, the problem is either with the modem, the ISP, or the cabling to the ISP. I had a similar problem and the problem for me was a partially severed coax line from my house to the box where all the lines from the houses on my street collect. I would try a different model modem, check the ethernet/coax/dsl lines in your house, and try connecting the modem directly to the drop point to your house (for me it was a box on the side of the house.) If you are still having problems, I would contact your ISP.  

54 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

I reseted the modem 3 times and the router 2 times. Im using ethernet for my desktop. I tried connecting my computer directly to the modem. The packet loss occurs both on my desktop and phone.

image.png.018fcc49a3caf90fe24dbe9832352fad.png

Yeah, your results should look like mine if the connection is working as intended. I would try using the pathping command as shown below. Its basically the trace route and ping commands in one. It gives you more information about exactly where packets were lost along the route. The first hop will be your modem/router. If it gets past that stage with no packet loss, then you will know for sure if the problem is on their end, and I would just contact your server provider. You can even tell them exactly where packets were lost when you did your pathping command. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10