2070 Super w/ Gsync Compatible fine?

platysaur

I don't have the budget for a IPS Gsync monitor at 144hz, but I decided to go with a 144hz Gsync compatible monitor (the Asus VG259Q). I see that it's on the list of Gsync compatible monitors on Nvidia's website, so I feel pretty comfortable with this. Still, I wanted to ask and see if this is a good compromise for buying 144hz on a budget but still wanting something with gsync.

Yes, but I'd stay away from Asus' displays. Their warranty service is abysmal

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

3 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Yes, but I'd stay away from Asus' displays. Their warranty service is abysmal

If you don't mind me asking, is that the only issue you have with Asus? And what about the warranty service is bad?

4 minutes ago, platysaur said:

If you don't mind me asking, is that the only issue you have with Asus? And what about the warranty service is bad?

For the most part yeah. Their displays are fine, but if you have ANY problems with it they'll barely try to help you.

If they do, it'll probably cost you or you'll be back and forth with them until your warranty runs out. It's extremely anti-consumer

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

For the most part yeah. Their displays are fine, but if you have ANY problems with it they'll barely try to help you.

If they do, it'll probably cost you or you'll be back and forth with them until your warranty runs out. It's extremely anti-consumer

That's unfortunate and I'll keep that in mind. It really can make a huge difference when you have good customer service!

4 minutes ago, platysaur said:

That's unfortunate and I'll keep that in mind. It really can make a huge difference when you have good customer service!

Completely

If you want other recommendations, check this spreadsheet. It will say if it is compatible and if theres any problems. Completely community created.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YI0RQcymJSY0-LkbjSRGswWpJzVRuK_4zMvphRbh19k/edit#gid=1455257716