Stuttering at launch and every 5 minutes

Go to solution Solved by Flameodos,

I found a solution. 

Once i again. I decided to wipe my drive clean, this time without upgrading my drivers. Instead i only updated my video drivers a every thing was normal, no mouse skips, no random fps drops or hitches, nothing.

As to why this could be, I believe it has something to do with the drivers packaged with driver booster.

If you are planning to update your drivers, dont download the “gaming” drivers that come with driver booster pro. 

Hello, 

I had previously made a post describing my issue with my current build, in which i has non-stop stuttering. Since then I had switched motherboards and ram sticks and it greatly improved the quality of my PC.

However, one issue has still remained even after my upgrades, in which my mouse will skip and stutter all over the screen before it comes back to normal. Furthermore, I now have stutters that last a full second, every 5 or 10 minutes.

These stutters occur in every game I play and even when doing something as simple as watching youtube videos. These stutters have persisted for months and mess up my gameplay sometimes.

Currently, this is my build:

-3700x 3.6 GHz

-Asus tuf x570 motherboard (wifi); It is running the latest BIOS

-Corsair Vengence rgb pro (2x8) 3000 Mhz; Running on the latest iCue firmware

-5700xt powercolor Red Devil edition; Running on the latest Radeon drivers and is currently not on any overclock

- EVGA 750 BQ Bronze plus PSU

-NXZT H510

-Samsung EVO 860 1Tb (windows 10 is installed here); has been optimized this week

-WD blue 1 Tb; has been defragged

Some things I have done in order to combat these stutters and mouse skipping:

- Reinstalled Windows 10 (8 times); Currently running on the latest version of Windows; have  not reinstalled in the past 2 months

-Used old and new Radeon drivers (currently on the latest drivers)

-Underclocked and overclocked gpu

-Underclocked and overclocked cpu

-Disconnected and reconnected all the cables; I have done this three times and not a single component is missing or not connected

-Updated drivers (Network drivers, mouse drivers, display drivers, audio drivers, etc.)

-Turned on windows ultimate performance

-Erased all GPU drivers (I do this weekly at this point)

-Removed audio drivers and reinstalled them

-Disabled every program from starting at launch

-Chrome is not using hardware acceleration and Discord as well

-Restart and turn off my PC(I never leave it on overnight unless its for an update)

-I've done frequent SSD optimizations and I have defragged my HDD

-I've ran numerous malware and virus programs, I have always came out with no virus or malware

-I do not believe temps are an issue because even under heavy load, such as playing Doom 2016 in max settings or Warzone on highest settings, my gpu only reaches a temperature of 73-80 degrees

-Gpu idles at 58 degrees

-Cpu is always below 60 degrees

-Cpu idle is 64 degrees

After doing all of this, my only conclusions is that either my Gpu or Psu is faulty. I say this because other people of stated that a faulty PSU caused stuttering, although my PSU doesn't heat up and I have no way of testing to see that is delivers the power my PC needs. For my GPU, I have heard so many painful stories from Radeon users, I would not be surprised if I was one of them. However I don't have expertise in computers so I won't jump to conclusions.

If anyone has any advice on how to get rid of stutters I'd appreciate it. I don't care if its something I've heard before, like switching to Nvidia, I just want some direction on how to fix the stuttering. I have lost so many matches because I'll stutter in the most inconvenient of times, and the stuttering is also annoying to deal with when I'm just watching HULU or Youtube.

Thanks to anyone who takes their time to help.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I am using the stock AMD wraith prism cooler. Furthermore the mouse that I use is a Razer Basilisk V2, but I have had the mouse skipping problem even on my Steelseries rival 600 and Razer Naga Trinity. 

I use an ethernet cable but I have the wireless adapter plugged so I can use the bluetooth (to print or for wireless headsets).  I also use display port for my 165hz monitor, but the stuttering occur even on my 60hz monitor. I have freesync disabled.

Furthermore, My PC is right next to me, It is not on the rug and it rest on a desks. I have cleaned out the dust off my PC every 3 weeks but the stuttering occurs even after cleaning. 

Both my SSD and HDD have 200 GB of memory open so it can't be more memory is needed.

I have had Razer synapse turned off and I still get the same stutters, meaning it can't be a mouse and keyboard driver problem

I use the stock fans from my NXZT case, they are in the exhaust position to push air out of the case rather than to bring air into the case. I'm mentioning this just to give information about my PC, but as I've stated the PC does not have thermal problems.

14 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

ram in slots 2 and 4, xmp enabled?

Yes the ram sticks are in the right slot. While the ASUS motherboard I have doesn't have XMP, it has a similar feature called DOCP, but it pretty much delivers that exact same results. The stutters still happen and the mouse skipping still persists. 

• 2 weeks later...

I found a solution. 

Once i again. I decided to wipe my drive clean, this time without upgrading my drivers. Instead i only updated my video drivers a every thing was normal, no mouse skips, no random fps drops or hitches, nothing.

As to why this could be, I believe it has something to do with the drivers packaged with driver booster.

If you are planning to update your drivers, dont download the “gaming” drivers that come with driver booster pro.