New Router/Problems everywhere

Okay so first off the router is a Netgear r6700v3 ac1750 NIGHTHAWK. I bought this router recently for two reasons: 1.To take advantage of it's QoS capabilities 2. For a slight increase in internet performance. My issue is that now that it's setup, the internet is actually slightly slower compared to my previous setup of just the default ATT router/modem gateway. PLUS, buffering while i'm streaming Netflix occurs and also when i'm watching a livestream. ALSO, when it comes to gaming, in Modern Warfare on the PS4, the NAT type is moderate instead of open and my internet speeds on the PS4 are super slow at just below half of the speed I see on speedtest.net. Adding to that, playing Counter Strike on my PC is lagging. So I assume that possibly something in the router settings is messed up or that perhaps I'm having interference with the default gateway. The wires are fine and  connected and there's no obstructions that could block the wifi incredibly bad. I live in a small apartment and the walls are pretty thin and my default ISP gateway never had issues like that. Also btw for anyone wanting to know, the PS4 is connected via ethernet cable CAT5e. People may think maybe it's the channels regarding the wifi but no, i've made sure with the wifi analyzer that my channels are separated from my neighbors. So I've even given up on QoS actually just to make sure nothing was messing with the bandwith, I disabled WMM, Upstream QoS, and Downstream Qos. I went to NAT FILTERING as well and changed that from secured to open. Still nothing. Under modes for wifi they're set to the highest for 2.4ghz and 5ghz at 450 and 1300mbps respectively even though I'm only paying for 100mbps. UPnP is on. I've also already tried turning off wifi services for my gateway so that I could try 2 methods of using my new router: One, by doing an alternate bridge mode via IPpassthrough with ATT but this method is instead called DMZplus mode which i got setup fine but my internet was super bad on everything not just the PS4 this time so?? and I also tried just making my router an AP through my new routers AP mode and this time the internet wasn't as bad DMZ plus mode but was still bad at half the speeds im paying for. I absolutely have no idea what's going on and i'm about to just setup the default ISP gateway back to normal because being tangled in this mess is just too frustrating. If someone can maybe point out a feature of this routers settings that could be messing up the speeds or perhaps if someone could explain how to setup the router with the ISP gateway better than i've already come across..idk. I'd like to remind you that my wifi right now with just the gateway's wifi interface for both 2.4 and 5 disabled with the new router connected is slightly under performing in speeds compared to the old setup with just the ISP defaults. Thank you for anyone that comes along and takes the time to help.

On 3/27/2020 at 1:19 PM, WoodsOnLTT said:

Thank you for anyone that comes along and takes the time to help.

Wow! That's a lot of information! But I can understand how frustrated you might feel. I've come to understand that Netgear's wireless equipment can bring a lot of headaches when it comes to getting what is promised. I've owned 2 R7000 wireless routers and mainly use them either as dumb switches or to experiment with 3rd-party firmware.

First of all, you've enabled/disabled a lot of security features that can make your network vulnerable to malicious activity (both from outside and within). These include DMZ, UPnP and NAT filtering. I would suggest you re-enable them for now until everything else is sorted out.

Secondly, is your gateway also providing a wireless access point of its own? If so, are you able to turn it off and just access it over a wired connection? Does your gateway have a "bridge" mode that can be activated? Essentially, this mode just makes your gateway act like a modem and hands off all LAN functions to the router. If it doesn't, you might have to do some workarounds.