8+4 pin motherboard but PSU has only 8 pin.

Hello,

I have a problem. I recently bought a PC with RTX 2060 super Aorus and intel core i7-9700k my PSU is cougar and is 650watts and Aorus z390 pro. The PCU has only 8 pin CPU connector, but the board has 8+4 is it possible to reach 5GHz on all cores with only 8 pins and if not, could I use one PCI Express cable?

8 pins for 5ghz is fine. The extra 4 would be for extreme cooling and overclocking for extra current. You dont need it.

The PCIE power will not fit the 4 pin cpu orientation so best not to try it. You chance frying the board.

You will be fine without the extra 4 pin. You can't use a PCIe connector

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Thanks a lot! And also is the PSU too leak in wattage?

49 minutes ago, i_panayotov said:

Thanks a lot! And also is the PSU too leak in wattage?

Nope. Just fine.

Gaming/Editing PC

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z370-E CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K Cooler: EVGA CLC 240 GPU: Asus Dual Edition RTX 2070 Super OC RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 3000 MHz PSU: Corsair HX650 Case: Fractal Design Meshify-C White