BIOS update for ASrock mobo?

Hey, im running a Ryzen 3 1200, but im about to upgrade to a Ryzan 5 3600.

Im currently on P4.5 bios version, do i need to update and if so how.

Thankyou.

Just now, Lavonthomon said:

What's the model of the motherboard?

AB350M ASRock

Perfect I have an Asrock B350 Pro (ATX)

Follow this link https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/AB350M Pro4/index.us.asp#BIOS >Support tab > Bios

Download Bios 5.8 and 6.4 then load the files on to a flash drive and reboot into the bios. (Asrock recommends flashing into 5.8 before flashing into a new bios.)

Once in the bios go into the instant flash and you will see update from flash drive. Select the flash option then select the bios update. If you don't see the bios update that either means it's not on the flash drive or you downloaded the wrong update.

2 minutes ago, Lavonthomon said:

Perfect I have an Asrock B350 Pro (ATX)

Follow this link https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/AB350M Pro4/index.us.asp#BIOS >Support tab > Bios

Download Bios 5.8 and 6.4 then load the files on to a flash drive and reboot into the bios. (Asrock recommends flashing into 5.8 before flashing into a new bios.)

Once in the bios go into the instant flash and you will see update from flash drive. Select the flash option then select the bios update. If you don't see the bios update that either means it's not on the flash drive or you downloaded the wrong update.

oh wait, i think its this one sorry https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/AB350M/index.asp#BIOS

If you're having trouble getting into the bios you're probably on fast boot. If that's the case in the download tab of the product page Asrock has an UEFI restart tool that you can use.

1 minute ago, Lavonthomon said:

If you're having trouble getting into the bios you're probably on fast boot. If that's the case in the download tab of the product page Asrock has an UEFI restart tool that you can use.

it says * Please install "AMD all in 1 with VGA driver ver:18.10.20_NHDA" or a later version before updating to this BIOS.

it comes in a zip, do i need to unzip?

1 minute ago, Charlifr said:

it says * Please install "AMD all in 1 with VGA driver ver:18.10.20_NHDA" or a later version before updating to this BIOS.

it comes in a zip, do i need to unzip?

Can't say that ever happened to me but it's probably just a driver for AMD Apus.

See if you can skip it if you can't, just install it. Asrock is probably just trying to keep your system up to date. 

27 minutes ago, Lavonthomon said:

Can't say that ever happened to me but it's probably just a driver for AMD Apus.

See if you can skip it if you can't, just install it. Asrock is probably just trying to keep your system up to date. 

I downloaded the update onto a FAT32 usb, but when in the bios on instant flash it says no image file found

9 hours ago, Charlifr said:

I downloaded the update onto a FAT32 usb, but when in the bios on instant flash it says no image file found

You can try updating to a older version of the bios first 

9 hours ago, Lavonthomon said:

If nothing is working that mean you have the wrong bios. When I was flashing my bios I downloaded the update for Asrock Pro b350m instead of the Asrock Pro b350, and motherboard refuse to accept the mATX update. What I am saying is that could have the right model but wrong size (ATX, mATX, ITX)