Recording with External DAC/AMP

josephting
Go to solution Solved by defunkt,

Mainly used it to record a midi file played with high quality sound font into a proper audio files like MP3 so it sounds better.

And in some software, it doesn't allow me to select what I hear to be the audio to record. It has to be an recording device detected by the OS.

Go out from the DAC into the Line In on your motherboard.

Can I record the output of an external DAC? Some of the DAC I'm talking about here are Fiio E10, Nu Force uDAC 3 and Audioengine D1.

If so, can I monitor the output via Headphones while recording?

And is it recorded via a recording device in my Computer or using another cable to plug back into my Computer?

What? You want to record your DAC's ouput? With what? Into what? Why?

Mainly used it to record a midi file played with high quality sound font into a proper audio files like MP3 so it sounds better.

And in some software, it doesn't allow me to select what I hear to be the audio to record. It has to be an recording device detected by the OS.

hello

Thanks. So in the software side, upon plugging in the DAC, it will only add a playback device?

I'll need to connect the DAC back into my computer to record the output of the DAC?

Another concern is can both Headphones output and Line out to be used simultaneously?

Thanks. So in the software side, upon plugging in the DAC, it will only add a playback device?

I'll need to connect the DAC back into my computer to record the output of the DAC?

Another concern is can both Headphones output and Line out to be used simultaneously?

You should be able to use both ports at once but I'm not sure.

hello

You should be able to use both ports at once but I'm not sure.

Cool, thanks! I guess that varies between products. I'll need to ask the specific product makers instead.