CPU not getting any WU's

So I understand that supposedly the servers are a bit bogged down but I haven't gotten any WU's for my CPU (3700x). I got one for another system with an older i5 but I keep seeing "23:19:45:WARNING:WU00:FS00:Failed to get assignment from '18.218.241.186:80': No WUs available for this configuration". Not sure if this is an issue related to Ryzen or not. I also tried changing "client-type" to advanced but it didn't help.

2 minutes ago, Kilobytez95 said:

but I keep seeing "23:19:45:WARNING:WU00:FS00:Failed to get assignment from '18.218.241.186:80': No WUs available for this configuration". Not sure if this is an issue related to Ryzen or not.

That error just means the server didn't have any work units available at that time. Everyone's getting it. It's a problem on their end not a problem with your setup.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

4 minutes ago, Spotty said:

That error just means the server didn't have any work units available at that time. Everyone's getting it. It's a problem on their end not a problem with your setup.

Ok I kinda figured as such.

My GPU had WUs all morning and all evening its been CPU, cant get a GPU WU and havent had one for hours.

I did a reinstall of F@H after three straight GPU WUs and got a CPU WU straight away with a GPU one. Then no GPU since!

A CPU one just dropped for me!

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

waiting for a cpu for several hours, pulled a gpu a couple hours ago after a pause\resume

Nice i almost started a thread thank you sucks i got a first gen thread ripper 1920x just sitting there while my gpu is chugging along WU's lol.

If you get the error of no available wu for your configuration then dont worry they went from ~35,000 clients beginning of the year to ~435,000+ clients currently and are agressively increasing their normal workload available.

I wonder which one is better for these kinds of work loads: CPU or GPU? 

I've not a WU in over 23 hours now on both CPU and GPU. Tried pausing and restarting a few times. still no WU's. Guessing the servers are just cooking with all the WU requests. 🤣

3 hours ago, danglk.2000 said:

I wonder which one is better for these kinds of work loads: CPU or GPU? 

GPU of course

On 3/22/2020 at 7:49 PM, NineEyeRon said:

My GPU had WUs all morning and all evening its been CPU, cant get a GPU WU and havent had one for hours.

I did a reinstall of F@H after three straight GPU WUs and got a CPU WU straight away with a GPU one. Then no GPU since!

A CPU one just dropped for me!

Uninstalling doesn't do anything. it won't help you get WU's.

6 hours ago, Kilobytez95 said:

Uninstalling doesn't do anything. it won't help you get WU's.

It solved other issues I was having though. I had the client but not used for a year or so (got out the habit).

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

Yeah I haven't received any WUs after trying for a few days on both CPU and GPU on home and work PC.