Define R4: broken grill, vibrations and rattling

paprikman

Hi, dear community.

As the title states, I have the define R4 case from fractal design (it's with me for about 5-6 years now). I've always had rattling and vibration issues (there's one hdd) with it, and from my research it all comes from the front panel part. Moreover, a couple month ago the locker of the front panel grill (see figure below) broke, so that it won't fix in place. Closing the front panel door in that case will result in amplified low frequency noise, wich is complemented by the rattling, described above.

image.png.78d5557abd449dc28688750ee2b48467.png

Figure: front panel grill won't lock in place.

I will be replacing this locking mechanism with a magnetic one soon, though I'm too tired of this case so far. I was about to replace it with Define C TG, since I have a mATX board, but the prices are quite high right now. In addition, it should be very hard to sell this old case.

Finally, the question is: what are the most solid options, according to my low noise, zero vibrations demands? Thanks!

17 minutes ago, Cvet76 said:

Duct tape. It was literally made for this use.

Hardware canucks and Gamers Nexus have a ton of case tests. visit their respective channels and search for silent case

Yeah, sure, but this is not a solution. I have to open it up multiple times a week, since I have to clean the filters (I have pets). Also, I don't care about these reviews much. I wanted to get an opinion from a real-world use case, some long-term stuff.