Sweden Thread (the Rest Of Scandinavia Is Also Welcome!)

BAPEsta

BitFenix is Taiwanese but I think their Scandinavian office is in Sweden.

When it comes to Defense systems we have Bofors, they make some heavy duty and high-tech military equipment.

They're sharing a drink they call loneliness, but it's better than drinkin' alone...

BitFenix Prodigy Black / Intel Core i7 3770K / Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI mITX / ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DCUII 2GB / Corsair Vengance LP 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz / Corsair SF600 - 600W  / Corsair H70 Push Pull

Norway doesn't have any computer tech companies :(

Country of peace my ass!

Well, yeah, but no. Theres a lot of cutting edge tech going on in Norway, but maybe not the fun stuff one would build a home PC out of. But going along those lines, IMO its debatable if a computer case really can be considered computer tech, as its mainly just a lot of bent metal one screws components to (I love Fractal, don't get me wrong here...)

Country of peace my ass

Yeah, Its all a scam :P

At least Sweden has Spotify and Skype!(The Estonians always try to claim that Skype is theirs! :angry:)

They're sharing a drink they call loneliness, but it's better than drinkin' alone...

BitFenix Prodigy Black / Intel Core i7 3770K / Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI mITX / ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DCUII 2GB / Corsair Vengance LP 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz / Corsair SF600 - 600W  / Corsair H70 Push Pull

At least Sweden has Spotify and Skype!(The Estonians always try to claim that Skype is theirs! :angry:)

But Norway has Opera, the superior web browser for the progressive man!  :D

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

But Norway has Opera, the superior web browser for the progressive man!  :D

Is Opera still alive? o: I haven't seen it in years.

Well hello from Denmark  :D My first post in here LOL

Isn't Skype danish? at least developed by danes? :)

Is Opera still alive? o: I haven't seen it in years.

Opera may have less than 5% market share, but due to hefty support from the Norwegian government it won't go anywhere. Besides, if Opera went away, you would notice it in Chrome and Firefox since they'd have no one to rip off their new features from  :P

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Opera may have less than 5% market share, but due to hefty support from the Norwegian government it won't go anywhere. Besides, if Opera went away, you would notice it in Chrome and Firefox since they'd have no one to rip off their new features from  :P

I didn't expect to have a discussion about this topic, so I might be wrong here, but i think I read somewhere today that Opera sued one of their former developers for 20 million NOK (thats about 22,5 million SEK :P) for leaking IP to Mozilla :P

I didn't expect to have a discussion about this topic, so I might be wrong here, but i think I read somewhere today that Opera sued one of their former developers for 20 million NOK (thats about 22,5 million SEK :P) for leaking IP to Mozilla :P

Yeah there's a thread about it in the tech news forum. And it's probably not the first time, just the first time someone got caught lol.

Yup, that's the one. I actually read it in a physical newspaper the first time... I feel so... weird about that :S

If i ever moved away from Canada it would be to somewhere in Scandinavia - likely Sweden :D

You're always welcome here! ;)

Yeah, on Windows, but they accutaly have over 20% or somwthing on android :D

Aint. Wimp Norwegian? (But they suck anyways)

And Skype is Swedish, before they sold it to MS

AND you've got TPB :P (a Norwegian guy worked with the two Swedes, tho)

Denmark, you made Dali, thats more than enough :D

Network/Homelab build log Main PC: "Aqua Blue"  Server: 15TB+ "Blue Lightning"

3900x, 32GB RAM @3200mhz, RTX 3090, 2.5TB+ SSD Storage, 4x2560x1440 monitors

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, +2x Note 9

HAPPY LAST DAY OF APRIL! 

Time to get your drink on! The Central Park in Lund, that's the place to be!

If i ever moved away from Canada it would be to somewhere in Scandinavia - likely Sweden :D

Hmm, Canadians emigrating could be a concern,

no-other-hat-will-do.jpg

USA would have to look for another hat :P

Well, he would probably need to go to Norway, to get a job, such as many Sweeds do :P

Ouch, burn. But really, my town is crawling with Swedes. I don't mean that in a bad way, I find it quite nice.

Ouch, burn. But really, my town is crawling with Swedes. I don't mean that in a bad way, I find it quite nice.

Swedes abroad tend to be proper douche bags, you're lucky!

Swedes abroad tend to be proper douche bags, you're lucky!

I only have positive experiences with swedes in Norway, but I live on the west coast, so I think they might be fewer and further between than in the more eastern parts. Also, most I've encountered work in service professions, like restaurants etc. so they might try extra hard to be nice just to get bigger TIPs :P

I've got a Swedish Last name. Does that Count? Much love for my Scandinavian cousins :)